TVS672XT 10GbE network slow

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
sportivod
New here

TVS672XT 10GbE network slow

Post by sportivod »

My NAS is connected directly to my computer via 10GbE and has been working fine for some months.

After a few weeks off, it was only running at a network speed of 100Mbps (this is what I was seeing in the Network & Virtual Switch settings for Adapter 1 in the web interface). The adapter is clearly marked as 10GbE and it has operated as such since setup. I was getting video files served at over 1,000 mbps easily when 10GbE was working, now they were coming in at 11Mbps!

I ran a firmware update, after a reboot, and the QNAP is now running the latest version (5.0.0.2055). After the firmware update, the network on Adapter 1 jumped to 5Gbps and my video files are being served at 300 mbps to 500 mbps - obviously better, but not nearly good enough!

My disks are all in good order (Iron Wolf Pro, 7200 rpm) and test well and my version of Qfinder is fully updated too (7.8.0). I connect directly to the server from a dedicated 10GbE port on my computer too.

Any ideas as to what could be going on? NOTHING has changed in my hardware setup and nothing has been physically moved since everything was working perfectly well.

Help much appreciated!

Thanks,
Dominic

Return to “File Sharing”