One NAS onto two separate networks?

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
Giuanniello
New here

One NAS onto two separate networks?

Post by Giuanniello »

I know this sounds weird and I think it can't be done, I have an old TS212P which I mostly use to share multimedia files across my network, actually onto an AppleTV and a Fire stick, I used to pull a cable from the switch the NAS is attached to (behind a modem-router) all the way to my son's room which is in a separate building where they have their own wireless network, about 10 meters or slightly less CAT5 cable which doesn't last long, at the end an old Apple access point and his AppleTV, it used to work besides but the content will only be available to his AppleTV and won't reach the living where the TV with the Fire stick is located and connected to their own network, was wondering if there's a way to share my NAS content also through their network.

Grazie
dolbyman
Guru

Re: One NAS onto two separate networks?

Post by dolbyman »

sure you can..if that NAS has a second LAN port, plug that in there and set that port up for the second lan
Giuanniello
New here

Re: One NAS onto two separate networks?

Post by Giuanniello »

Ok, I see, this is not gonna be my case as my almost ancient TS212P only has one ethernet port so my guess is that with this configuration I can't share the content to a separate network unless I get a new NAS

Thank you

Return to “File Sharing”