QSync deleted all my Sync Folder and Files on Both of PC and NAS

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
sairy
New here

QSync deleted all my Sync Folder and Files on Both of PC and NAS

Post by sairy »

Hi

I really need your helps. I just re-initialize my T-251+ and update to newest QTS 4.4.3.1400 firmware. I setup my QSync at normally and they began to sync all Folders and Files on my PC Windows 10 to NAS. The problem is QSync deleted all the files and Folder of my Project and some Pictures JPG PNG files on some others folders. I remembered that I set an option to sync Pictures Folders with PNG and JPEG only (the RAW files and Photoshop files will not sync to NAS and keep it local in my PC), and now all JPEG and PNG files on my NAS and PC gone, only the RAW files and Photoshop files keep in my locals PC and NAS. Also others files and sub-folders in my WAMP Project Folder were deleted. I cannot find the restore in my PC Recycle Bin and I only Recovery some files in WAMP folder (which store in a SSD). I tried to find the deleted files and folders on the Network Recycle Bin but they are empty, the logs file on QSync Central does not show deleted files and folders, but the logs of File Update Center on my PC Qsync Client shown they were deleted, I tried to click to restore button but the files and folders does not exist. So please view my screenshoots for more details and if someone has this problems too and you have solutions please help me. The project WEB folder WAMP is very important, I built my website a year and nearly done but now It gone and I cant recovery them with software any more. Thank you so much for your helps.

Regards

nonotrb
First post

Re: QSync deleted all my Sync Folder and Files on Both of PC and NAS

Post by nonotrb »

Hi sairy,
Did you find a way to recover your files and sync again Qsync with your NAS?
It happened almost the same thing to me this week-end, Qsync icon on my Mac went on red, on the file station I have a message saying that "file/folder does not exist" and all my files are deleted.
Thanks for your feedback.
Nono
sairy
New here

Post by sairy »

Hi Nono

I contacted with QNap Support and they give me links to help me recovery my files:

Code: Select all

http://qnap support.net/teknik-destek/raid-0-5-6-ve-10dan-veri-kutarma/photorec-ile-veri-kurtarma/
(remove space between "qnap" and "support")

The files will be recovered in original if you are stop using the NAS, stop doing everything or you will lost more datas. Photorec can’t help you recovery files names and folder structures. I recommend you use TestDisk first because it’s will recovery all files and folders if it can. Also, very important thing that you need create a backup Disk Image to store all scratches core datas and you can use test disk or others Recovery program to try recovery datas frim this Disk Image. Also please follow carefully the instructions of the tutorial, stop using both PC and NAS disk which have data lost and stored before, and when you recovery, I recommend you use external HDD or other disk to store new data in case you could not recovery datas all and lose some important datas. Last things if you got hard to use code, you can try Recuva professional Recovery for more easier than the Photorec, it’s can recovery datas which folders structures and a lot of files types support, especially video and images, it also have Disk Image creator to save scratches and core data from disk which lost datas. Hope it help. Also I can’t recovery my website databases because Photorec and Testdisk do not support new file types of MySQL.

Regards
Sairy
Last edited by OneCD on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

doubt qnap gave you the link to that website..as the forum autocripples the website (qnap intruduced this "revenge" measure years ago)
sairy
New here

Post by sairy »

dolbyman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:06 am doubt qnap gave you the link to that website..as the forum autocripples the website (qnap intruduced this "revenge" measure years ago)
Hi

I have no need to write a long post for the guy who in exactly my hard situation like me before. I also attached screenshots
of the reply from Qnap service here if you feel weird.

dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

well check the link that you posted further up..compare it to what they gave you

so qnap is giving out links to 3rd party websites that their own forum cripples deliberately

this is beyond retarded then

p.s.

sorry that I doubted your post then ..but you can see how insane this is ?
sairy
New here

Post by sairy »

dolbyman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:20 am well check the link that you posted further up..compare it to what they gave you

so qnap is giving out links to 3rd party websites that their own forum cripples deliberately

this is beyond retarded then

p.s.

sorry that I doubted your post then ..but you can see how insane this is ?
I copy the link in email and paste to the Editor, but when I submitted the post, the link got change. You can see my screenshot. I have no idea how to post the orginal link to this topic, you need to type it manually.

Code: Select all

http://qnap support.net/teknik-destek/raid-0-5-6-ve-10dan-veri-kutarma/photorec-ile-veri-kurtarma/
(remove space between "qnap" and "support")

Last edited by OneCD on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

as I said twice before ..the forum automatically cripples links to this website...this is not your fault ..this is what qnap did

worst part is that someone bought this(crippled) domain a while ago and was serving malware from this ..infecting qnap forum members clicking on these crippled links
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

I've done what I can with those links. Just need to copypaste the URL then remove the whitespace between "qnap" and "support".

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
burado51
New here

Post by burado51 »

dolbyman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:08 am as I said twice before ..the forum automatically cripples links to this website...this is not your fault ..this is what qnap did

worst part is that someone bought this(crippled) domain a while ago and was serving malware from this ..infecting qnap forum members clicking on these crippled links
Hi All;
Sorry, I realize got a malware in my website after reading your replys,right now its cleaned and also my hosting site confirms its cleaned;
https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/ww ... upport.net
bugabumka
First post

Post by bugabumka »

Hi All,
Faced today same, replaced the disks on laptop and not sure why qsync deleted the files... checked which folder were deleted via logs.
And started to deep diving to recovery files, one of the clear and helpful instruction found on qnap official page - at least for me it was helped.
Main thing - required to have external hdd/or huge USB and straigth forward to follow instruction - https://www.qnap.com/en-in/how-to/tutor ... n-qnap-nas

To share it with you q nappers - I even registered in forum for that, hope it save many nerves :) My files back to my pocket again, fuh
F_Santolini
First post

Post by F_Santolini »

bugabumka wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:35 am Hi All,
Faced today same, replaced the disks on laptop and not sure why qsync deleted the files... checked which folder were deleted via logs.
And started to deep diving to recovery files, one of the clear and helpful instruction found on qnap official page - at least for me it was helped.
Main thing - required to have external hdd/or huge USB and straigth forward to follow instruction - https://www.qnap.com/en-in/how-to/tutor ... n-qnap-nas

To share it with you q nappers - I even registered in forum for that, hope it save many nerves :) My files back to my pocket again, fuh
Were you able to recover files deleted by qsync using qrescue?
JohnNap
Starting out

Post by JohnNap »

I am facing the same problem, I wonder what is the reason behind this? Why QSync start erase files from Qsync folder?
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

Beside the fact that the origin thread is outdated and versions have been changed several times since then:

I am running Qsync at several mobile devices (Windows 10) to in total 4 different NAS with different firmware version (4.3.4.xxx, 5.1.0.xxx) and did never see such an issue.
So you should at least provide information about the uses NAS, firmware, Qsync version (at NAS and client), client OS, configurations settings for Qsync, ...

Without any of this no one will have an idea, what is causing the issue.
If you are sure that this is a bug, did you create a ticket at support? Without a ticket no chance for a patch/an update.

Regards
JohnNap
Starting out

Post by JohnNap »

Actually I am not seeking for a help here, I just wonder to see several people are facing same problem to me and congratulation that you have not face this problem as it is a real pain. Several solutions provided in here is very helpful but I don't see anywhere mentioned the cause of this issue so I wonder and would like to open a discussion follow the solution which may be helpful for everyone to be aware of and don't make the same mistake again.
FSC830 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:12 pm Beside the fact that the origin thread is outdated and versions have been changed several times since then:

I am running Qsync at several mobile devices (Windows 10) to in total 4 different NAS with different firmware version (4.3.4.xxx, 5.1.0.xxx) and did never see such an issue.
So you should at least provide information about the uses NAS, firmware, Qsync version (at NAS and client), client OS, configurations settings for Qsync, ...

Without any of this no one will have an idea, what is causing the issue.
If you are sure that this is a bug, did you create a ticket at support? Without a ticket no chance for a patch/an update.

Regards

Return to “File Sharing”