Qsync renames files and folders arbitrarily appending with _conflict_(0)

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
brandonv
New here

Re: Qsync renames files and folders arbitrarily appending with _conflict_(0)

Post by brandonv »

I am experiencing this issue as well, macOS Monterey 12.6.1, latest Qsync client (5.0.4.0725), latest firmware on the Qnap (TS-251+ QTS 5.0.1.2194); causing mayhem in my file structures.
dis-app-ointed
New here

Post by dis-app-ointed »

It seems like "dots" at the end of filenames cause problems with synching. I don't know if it's a Mac or a Windows or a QNAP problem.
mr_bart
New here

Post by mr_bart »

I am experiencing these issues as well, macOS Ventura 13.1, latest Qsync client (5.0.4.0725), latest firmware on the Qnap NAS (QTS 5.0.1.2248).
Any updates on this?
I've also noticed that the connection of the Qsync client to the NAS is not stable. Link status "connecting" although my Mac is connected via LAN and I have SMB access to all my folders.
brandonv
New here

Post by brandonv »

Appears there is no interest at QNAP to acknowledge or fix this issue, meaning Qsync is totally useless as it cannot be trusted. My file system is a total disaster due to running Qsync, I have thousands of conflict_(0) files and folders throughout the NAS. I'm sick of this, and will now find another option to sync files from Mac to NAS. Total crap from QNAP on this, very disappointed and will rethink any further purchases from them.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Did you contact QNAP about this issue ? Posting here will do nothing.(QNAP does not come here)

Return to “File Sharing”