1.37 TB of media can't access

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
condore
New here

1.37 TB of media can't access

Post by condore »

I recently had to reset my 251+ to factory settings and installed the hard drives with hopefully all the media on them. I have ticked the show hidden files button in file station but I can't see all my media. I see the storage amount seems to be around the right percent of usage so I'm hopeful I can access it in some way. I'm on a mac and it looks like the QNAP OS is different than before the reset. I would really appreciate any help, I'm not very knowledgeable so I throw myself to the mercy of the forums :ashamed:
dolbyman
Guru

Re: 1.37 TB of media can't access

Post by dolbyman »

The firmware is on the disks, so how did you reset without the disks in the NAS?

Also it sounds as if you lost your shares..check the manual how to recreate shares and manual point them to the storage volume

and as always..backups backups backups or you will lose your data one day
condore
New here

Re: 1.37 TB of media can't access

Post by condore »

@dolbyman Thank you so much! I'm gonna buy an external drive today and never worry this much again. I needed to recreate the share and your words helped pointme. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. All this because I switched my ISP and couldn't navigate to my NAS.

Return to “File Sharing”