Problem(s) with Windows Previous Version (Snapshot)

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
thankyouvince
New here

Problem(s) with Windows Previous Version (Snapshot)

Post by thankyouvince »

Hi all

I have tried searching the forum but haven't found the same case as mine.

So i have two TS-1673AU-RP. Both running latest firmware. Both have same 1 Storage pool with Thin Volume on RAID 6.

QNAP A - Previous versioning is okay on Windows File explorer
QNAP B - No Previous version on File Explorer but i can see from Snapshot manager.

On the other hand, when browsing the snapshots on QNAP B using the File Station, i am having the attached error message on some of the folders.

What am i missing? Enabled Previous versioning is enabled. All settings are quite similar for me. However i noticed two differences. Please see attached again (QNAP A and B Info)

Thank you in advance guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Problem(s) with Windows Previous Version (Snapshot)

Post by dolbyman »

Please always disclose the actual firmware version "latest" is not helpful

So based on the screenshots you say that the previous version integration is not working on encrypted volumes ? (as shown in the screenshot)
thankyouvince
New here

Post by thankyouvince »

dolbyman wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:48 am Please always disclose the actual firmware version "latest" is not helpful

So based on the screenshots you say that the previous version integration is not working on encrypted volumes ? (as shown in the screenshot)
My bad. The version is QTS 5.0.1.2277.

Yes. The previous versioning on QNAP A is working fine. However in QNAP B, it is not working as expected. I also observed that the Main Shared Folder, i can see the previous versions but still not working. Please see screenshot attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

OK .. open a ticket with QNAP and inquire about that feature on encrypted volumes
thankyouvince
New here

Post by thankyouvince »

It's me again. I managed to show the previous versioning in Windows File Explorer however i am not able to open it saying the error attached. Same thing when i open the snapshots on the File Station! HOWEVER, i can browse the snapshot from snapshot manager itself. Is there a settings for permissions when it comes to snapshots?

Return to “File Sharing”