Folder Encryption Migrating 0%

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
Brettstatheminks
First post

Folder Encryption Migrating 0%

Post by Brettstatheminks »

I have recently had some issues with my TS-451 that are going to require QNAP help to login to my NAS. Whilst enabling the remote help it suggested encrypting folder before allowing access.

I had a shared folder with 42g of files that I wanted to encrypt so I enabled folder encryption. The migration process has been running for over 12 hours now and it still reads at 0%. Also under control panel the size now reads as 0kb and I am unable to see the files through file station or my windows PC.

I appreciate any help as these are my work files.
JackDaniels
New here

Re: Folder Encryption Migrating 0%

Post by JackDaniels »

Hi all.

Just to jump on this here.
I'm facing similar issue with my TS-453A running 4.3.4.0551, where encryption migration is stuck at 100% since about 2 week for one folder.
I checked via SSH, but original share folder called "bilder" is not existing anymore :(

instead following folders exist (which are relation back to original folder somehow):
  • .@bilder_migrating/ ==> empty folder
    .__bk__bilder/ ==> subfolder "digest"
    .eN@.@bilder/ ==> lots of filed and folders starting with "ECRYPTFS_FNEK_ENCRYPTED.FWbSavvAkulC5kbaAOER90." assuming the encrypted files ?
    .@__lock__bilder/ ==> empty folder
If I mv .@bilder_migrating/ to .@bilder_migrating.bak - migration process still running, but now showing 0%

There's an ongoing Ticket with QNAP since over two weeks or so, but nothing fixed yet.

Is there any chance to get this fixed/stopped myself?
In worst case it's ok to delete all those folders (backup of original available), but I'm not sure if deleting all folders above will solve the Problem or will make it even worse :S
just simply mv them to something else, does not help

thank you
TS-453A --- 4.4.1.1146
TS-419PII --- 4.3.3.1098
msloo
New here

Post by msloo »

@JackDaniels: did you solve your issue? 5 years later I experience the same issue on my NAS...
JackDaniels
New here

Post by JackDaniels »

Yes, I did.
If i remember correctly I did a full reset to factory Default, configured everything from scratch and restored the Data from a nightly Backup.
TS-453A --- 4.4.1.1146
TS-419PII --- 4.3.3.1098

Return to “File Sharing”