connection proboems.

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
boriswong
New here

Post by boriswong »

Madi2000, thank for your offer.

The router i am using is D-Link DI-524 verson B4G.
The fireware version is V2.04TW.

BTW, i just found out that the solution to the ftp client connection issue is not to open the port #.20 in my router, but to open the port range 55536-56559 per specification in QNAP's manual.
NAS: QNAP TS-109 Pro
firmware version: 1.1.3 Build 1030T
madi2000
Starting out

Post by madi2000 »

boriswong wrote:.BTW, i just found out that the solution to the ftp client connection issue is not to open the port #.20 in my router, but to open the port range 55536-56559 per specification in QNAP's manual.
madi2000 wrote: For passive connection ftp server opens port from >1023 range, and there must be ftp module helper on FIREWALL/ROUTER to recognize FTP session and open aproperiet port. (or you must have them all opend or some range - defined in ftp server also)
ehm...like I said...:) But still... opening such a number of ports just to allow probably one ftp passive session is a security risk:(... i'll check your router soon, mybe it has range triggering setings.
//
// Linux Power
//
madi2000
Starting out

Post by madi2000 »

You can set up a port triggering for your configuration.... like 21 port triggers settings, and the range you have read from [NAS] configuration is then being opened (you got it in advanced, applications tab :)).

give me some feed back if it works...

but i try to configure same situation (only using linksys router) and i just get in (passive and active) without any problems :(
//
// Linux Power
//
kent
QNAP Staff

Post by kent »

boriswong wrote:i finally get the ftp client to work after i opened up the port #.20. Thanks to madi200 and others. FYI, I used the FileZilla V.3.0rc3.

However, i still cannot login to the my NAS FTP via HTTP page. I have tried the following but both failed.
1. ftp://[DDNS domain]
2. ftp://[actual IP]

Pls help.
Which mode(passive/active) do you use in browser? If you use IE, then you can check it in "Internet Options"
I am Kent. Nice to meet you!
boriswong
New here

Post by boriswong »

To madi2000,

Thanks. I will try when i get home tonight. i will let you know the result later.

To kent,

I was using the passive mode with IE7. But it still does not work after i un-check the passive mode option.
boriswong
New here

Post by boriswong »

To madi2000,

I did what you advised and it did not work in the start. After several trials, it suddenly worked perfectly last night. However, when i tried to login my ftp via the same version of ftp client in my office today, it failed again. Same situation as before, the connection was established but was cut off with the below messages.

Error: Transfer channel can't be opened. Reason: UNABLE TO CONNECT DUE TO CONNECTION REJECT FROM HOST.
Error: Could not retrieve directory listing

Moreover, i still cannot log into my ftp page via IE7 browser.

Any comments?
Hugo
First post

Post by Hugo »

<post contents deleted for maintenance>

Return to “File Sharing”