"file folder does not exist on device (1129104)"

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
Abacojack
New here

"file folder does not exist on device (1129104)"

Post by Abacojack »

Am new to the NAS world and a QNAP 451S.
Just uploaded 10 folders (each with sub folders) of photos to one of my the QNAP451S hard drives (set up as JBOD).
On my local network, I can go in an see each of these folders, it's sub-folders and files from all my local computers.
However, if I try access the drive thru MyCloud, I cannot get into one particular folder ...it shows up but when I try to access it thru the MyCloud I get this message...
"THE DESTINATION FILE FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST ON DEVICE (1129104)."
Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.
schumaku
Guru

Re: "file folder does not exist on device (1129104)"

Post by schumaku »

Welcome to the QNAP NAS Community Forum!
Abacojack wrote: QNAP451S hard drives (set up as JBOD).
Bad idea in general. Consider redundant RAID configurations (RAID1, RAID5, RAID6).
Abacojack wrote:However, if I try access the drive thru MyCloud, I cannot get into one particular folder ...it shows up but when I try to access it thru the MyCloud I get this message...
Anythings obviously (or not so obviously) different when it comes to this folder, ie. the name, extremely long folder or total path length, ...?
Abacojack wrote:Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?
Nothing in my opinion. From the myQNAPcllud.com portal the access is done by CloudLink - and this is supposed to work transparently to all folders and files.

Regards,
-Kurt.
Abacojack
New here

Post by Abacojack »

Every folder (12 of them) basically has the same name.....2004 IMAGES, 20005 IMAGES, 2006 IMAGES, etc. up to 2015 IMAGES, which happens to be the only folder that that I can't access and comes up with aforementioned Error message and also the Statement.."This folder is empty. Drag & drop files into this window to upload them".
However if I click on the folder and request "Properties", it shows 133GB, which would be correct.
Very baffling.
ALSO, just used my Windows computer to access the QNAP drive on my local network, and strangely, this one folder (2015 IMAGES) comes up as wrongly labeled "2480CP~R" while all the other folder names are correct. However, when I click on this folder, all the sub-folders show up.....but once again, if I access the QNAP drive thru MyCloud on my Windows computer, I get the same above Error message along with "This folder is empty....Drag & drop files into this window to upload them".
Does this info help in any way?
Thanks.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

However the files were coped (assuming shared folder access form Windows Explorer, or..?), why ever the folder name garbled. No idea. Update: This looks to me like a different upload mechanism but plain file copy was used.
Abacojack
New here

Post by Abacojack »

Update...Still cannot see this one main folder or any of it's sub folders...
Tried copying the main folder (2015 IMAGES) to the second internal drive, as well as the USB external drive.
Also copied just one of the sub folders from 2015 IMAGES to the QNAP second internal drive, using both copy and paste and drag and drop.
In ALL cases, when I try to access either this one main folder (2015 IMAGES) or the sub folder, I get message that it is empty and the above Error message, but can see and access all other man folders (2010 IMAGES, 2011 IMAGEs, etc.) and their sub folders.
Any ideas ?
Thanks again.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

can you confirm if the folder is renamed to something simple, without any spacing can you then see it via the mycloud?
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
Abacojack
New here

Post by Abacojack »

The folders and files are there when looking at each internal and the USB drive from and local computer and all names appear correctly.
When looking at the internal and USB drives thru QNAP myCloud, in both Mac and Windows, all the folders are also displayed correctly except the problem folder as described below.
In Safari, all folder names are correct, including the folder that is the issue which is entitled 2015 IMAGES, BUT in Windows, this folder showing as "2480CP~R as noted in above posting, but all other folders names show correctly.
And as stated in my originally post, when connected thru myCLoud, this one folder shows as empty, and displays the above noted Error message.
Could this have anything to do with a recent recommendation to upgrade to the new QPRK, or something similar to that?
mweinhauer
New here

Post by mweinhauer »

This really looks like a bug. I have the same problem on my brand new TS-653A - files show up fine in Windows explorer, in the web GUI, and via the mobile app, by the cloud interface shows nothing. Does QNAP support monitor these at all?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

mweinhauer wrote:This really looks like a bug
Of course, as QNAP has only these two NAS in the field, the OPs and yours. The OP had one folder with an issue, was able to show some example folder names, and claimed having uploaded them (we still have no idea, how ...). Your input is almost null, sorry.
mweinhauer wrote: I have the same problem on my brand new TS-653A - files show up fine in Windows explorer, in the web GUI, and via the mobile app, by the cloud interface shows nothing.
No shared folder, no folders visible at all, no files in no shared folders and sub-folders visible? Which "cloud interface" by the way ... by using the www.myQNAPcloud.com portal, like this
myQNAPcloud - Folder and File Access.jpg
Able to see all shared folders? Able to see any subfolders? Same with all shared folders? How does the NAS connect to the cloud?

QTS version and build number?
mweinhauer wrote:Does QNAP support monitor these at all?
Simply impossible to monitor each and every post, eachn and every thread. This is a community forum, not a support channel. Of course, QNAP is notified of systematic and questionable issues coming up in the forum.

Welcome to the QNAP NAS Community Forum!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
epiclightmedia
First post

Post by epiclightmedia »

Same Error's here with my QNAP TVS-871T.
Im connected to my imac through thunderbolt and many times folder names will be renamed when viewed through the finder.

For example a folder that should be named "to delete" when viewed through the finder had the name "T8AKBX~B". Another example is one folder should be labeled "GYC" but when viewed through the finder it has a label "GRAS3I~O" . When I go to click on these files, as soon as I click on them they disappear. Here is a video of it happening https://youtu.be/Wa5FfYUOEgI

If I go to the browser and log in directly to my server and access the files through the file station.. those two folders show up with the right name and have all the contents inside. see video. https://youtu.be/1Dsxq1Hn2TU

When I try to access those same folders through myQNAPcloud, they show up with the right name, but when I click on them I get "Error the destination file or folder does not exist on device. (1129104)" see video https://youtu.be/NWmBpzkfH8M

Why is my QNAP renaming file folders? Why do they disappear when I click on them? Other times when I've had this happen they don't disappear when i click on them, but they allow me to see the contents. Why do the contents show up correctly through file station, but not through myQNAPcloud? Please someone help or point me in the right direction to get this fixed.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Doubt QNAP does rename a file on it's own.
epiclightmedia wrote:Im connected to my imac through thunderbolt and many times folder names will be renamed when viewed through the finder.
AFP? SMB? NFS?
khrismuc
New here

Post by khrismuc »

I'm unearthing this thread (found via Google) because I have the same issues with exactly two folders, consistently, repeatedly.

TS-231P, just did a Firmware update to 4.3.6.0895

Folders are accessed via AFP from within the LAN, or via myqnapcloud.com

Folder "Kunden" shows up as "K1BNAM~U", folder "Workshops" shows up as "WM4R5I~7" on a Macbook via AFP.
On myqnapcloud, the folder names are fine but I'm getting
The destination file or folder does not exist on device. (1129104)
Folder content is not extraordinary in any way; other folders have very similar content (more folders, PDFs, etc.) and work fine.

My client is getting miffed at this situation obviously, since it keeps her from working on the files inside.
Is there any chance of this getting fixed at some point?
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

khrismuc wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:09 pm I'm unearthing this thread (found via Google) because I have the same issues with exactly two folders, consistently, repeatedly.

TS-231P, just did a Firmware update to 4.3.6.0895

Folders are accessed via AFP from within the LAN, or via myqnapcloud.com

Folder "Kunden" shows up as "K1BNAM~U", folder "Workshops" shows up as "WM4R5I~7" on a Macbook via AFP.
On myqnapcloud, the folder names are fine but I'm getting
The destination file or folder does not exist on device. (1129104)
Folder content is not extraordinary in any way; other folders have very similar content (more folders, PDFs, etc.) and work fine.

My client is getting miffed at this situation obviously, since it keeps her from working on the files inside.
Is there any chance of this getting fixed at some point?
Wow!

I would check for viruses.
khrismuc
New here

Post by khrismuc »

I installed and ran Malware Remover; no change (it didn't find anything apparently; I only got "scan completed").
Accessing the folders via the remote FileStation page works fine btw. (myqnapcloud -> NAS -> Services -> FileStation)
Okomikeruko
First post

Post by Okomikeruko »

I had the exact same error message. Here's how I fixed it:

The problem was in the file name matching. I had "32_Center Stage " as a filename. The extra space at the end caused the error. I assume the folder name was truncated by the file navigation system in myQNAPcloud, but since it wasn't truncated on the NAS itself, "32_Center Stage " and "32_Center_Stage" are technically different strings. I had to rename the folder on the NAS and it worked again.

Basically, it was an invisible problem. Hard to find; simple to fix.

Return to “File Sharing”