smb share with LDAP auth

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
tvidal
New here

smb share with LDAP auth

Post by tvidal »

Dear all,

After spending many hours on the problem I think that I'm missing something ...
I'm using an external LDAP database for user/pass/group autentification on my QNAP (TS-453U-RP / QTS 4.2.1). I can access the web app, but I can't access shared drives from both Win$ or Linux machines....
I have the samba schema in my ldap.
Do you know if it is possible to use external LDAP ? Or do I need to use Qnap LDAP server ?

Many thanks and all the best

Thomas
schumaku
Guru

Re: smb share with LDAP auth

Post by schumaku »

Yes, other LDAP servers are workable, too. Temporarily enable and configure the QNAP LDAP and compare the structure to yours. Some schema might be missing, or are not properly deployed.

-Kurt.
tvidal
New here

Post by tvidal »

Ok, many thanks Kurt, I will check.

Thanks again, and best regards

Thomas
pippero1974
Starting out

Post by pippero1974 »

Hi, I have the very same problem. The Samba authentication works good when using local users, or LDAP users with built-in LDAP server; but as soon as I try to authenticate via a remote LDAP server (OpenLDAP on Ubuntu Server) I get a 0x80004005 error in Windows 10 Pro. I must say, I have not imported the Samba schema in the OpenLDAP server, to tell the truth I didn't even know that such operation was required. I'll try to do so and see if this does the trick. Any other NAS service supporting LDAP (web access, file station etc.) works flawlessly with the remote OpenLDAP server.

Regards,
Filippo
JollyJOhn
New here

Post by JollyJOhn »

Did anyone find an answer to this?

I'm running a 419P II with 4.2.2. Authentication is to an OSX server via LDAP. When I try to access a share via AFP it works correctly, so I know the connection to the external LDAP server works, however when I try to access the same share via Samba authentication fail. Same user in both cases. This has been working well for a long time and only recently have I noticed this problem. Since I normally work from OSX I can't tell exactly when issue started, but checking on my Windows 10 machine shows the same problem.
frsdesign
Starting out

Post by frsdesign »

Hello,
Few month later, i'm having the same issue here... using a TS-EC880U
external ldap server with samba schemes imported, connection ok (domain users and groups visible), ftp working, but samba share won't work. Nas is unreachable with error 0x80004005.
As far as i disable the ldap auth, and use the local user method, all is working great again.
My contact in the support center did a lot of tests and said that it's not normal and that my settings are good, but he could'nt find a solution.
So if any of you have it, i'd be happy to know it, otherwise, i'll need to return it.
Thank you in advance,
Romain
atrix415
Know my way around

Post by atrix415 »

I know replying to a old forum.

Were you able to find a workaround?

Return to “File Sharing”