TS-210 not visible on network but everything else works

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
Niven
First post

TS-210 not visible on network but everything else works

Post by Niven »

I hope this question is in the right place, and has enough information.
I recently replaced the HDDs (2x2tb) on my TS-210, and all was fine for a week or so. Suddenly however it cannot be found on the network (Windows 10).
I can find it with QFinder, and I can log into the web interface and I can access the shared folders via ftp, just unable to find the NAS on the network.
Hopefully someone has had this happen and knows how to fix it? That would be great, thanks so much.
Tony NAS
First post

Re: TS-210 not visible on network but everything else works

Post by Tony NAS »

Same here. However, I just purchased a new unit (TS 251) for the first time, and I cant even get it to work. Ive spent countless hours on this and it will not work out of the box. I was able to connect with IP address, but cannot find the NAS on the Windows 10 network. I don't see any solutions to this issue.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

There is kind of an (un-)known issue with the nmbd which does fail to become a master browser with no other system on the LAN able to take over this job on the Marvell Kirkwood ARM based systems.
Tony NAS wrote:However, I just purchased a new unit (TS 251) for the first time, and I cant even get it to work. Ive spent countless hours on this and it will not work out of the box. I was able to connect with IP address, but cannot find the NAS on the Windows 10 network.
Network configuration on the NAS and the Windows system exactly in the same subnet - same network mask?

Probably CIFS/SMB 1.0 removed form the Windows 10 system configuration?

Any third party firewall (ie. as a part of a crappy Internet security package) in place on your Windows 10 system?
pt-mike
New here

Post by pt-mike »

I'm facing the same problem with my TS-219P NAS; The NAS is not visible by its name given at the Web Internface; if I run QFinder, I can see the IP the device has at that moment and access it if I type the IP in the windows Explorer address bar. The workaround I found to gain access to it if I want to see the name of the NAS is to disconnect the network cable from the NAS and plug it back in. The NAS will become visible again in Windows Explorer by its given name, until the next time it doesn't...
Stone Free
Getting the hang of things

Post by Stone Free »

You can also temporarily fix it by changing any of the advanced settings under Network & File Services / Microsoft Networking. You will of course have to use your IP to access the NAS Admin.

If I was you I would raise a ticket via the Helpdesk app within App Center. QNAP will then ask you to install the 'QNAP Diagnostic Tool' which will allow you to generate a zip file containing the logs QNAP will need to troubleshoot this problem.

Then hopefully we will get another update of 4.3.3 (which apparently is the last firmware we will ever get as they have phased out updates for the 21? (219P in my case) and others - although I have an incremental firmware update within the 4.3.3, so hopefully that wont apply to fixes for this issue, which I would imagine could go in another build version of 4.3.3)
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Stone Free wrote: Then hopefully we will get another update of 4.3.3 (which apparently is the last firmware we will ever get as they have phased out updates for the 21? (219P in my case) and others
no x19 in your case...2 is the number of bays

Return to “File Sharing”