Unable to access shared folders since firmware 4.3.3 update

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
ToolmanJoe
Starting out

Re: Unable to access shared folders since firmware 4.3.3 update

Post by ToolmanJoe »

Just installed the latest updates. Still not working...
ToolmanJoe
Starting out

Re: Unable to access shared folders since firmware 4.3.3 - Samba Restart no longer fixes the problem!!! update

Post by ToolmanJoe »

Great job guys - NOT! I just installed firmware update 4.3.3.0262. Not only did it NOT fix the problem with shared folders but restarting Samba no longer works either. I've never seen such incompetence in my life!
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

ToolmanJoe wrote:Not only did it NOT fix the problem with shared folders but restarting Samba no longer works either.
Maintaining a large amount of QNAP NAS - not a single one does not start SAMBA.

Let's assume the volume is mounted ... what in the log.nmbd and log.smbd ?

[~] # cat /var/log/log.nmbd

[~] # cat /var/log/log.smbd
palmerac
Starting out

Post by palmerac »

scsirob wrote:I wondered about that too, but I have not removed any of the modifications that Alex made and applied the new firmware as-is.
Hey, scsirob -

I had a TeamViewer session last night with Alex so that he could un-do his temporary workaround. He suggests that you set up a session and let him un-do the workaround on your NAS as well.

I updated the firmware on my TS-212 to version 4.3.3.0262 build 20170727. It seems to have solved the problem that many of had experienced.

Alex said the firmware developers have simplified the bootup sequence (shell scripts) and removed some unnecessary steps.
Last edited by palmerac on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kunwin
New here

Post by kunwin »

Hi All,

I'm late to the party on this item, but my issues with slow or inoperable SAMBA access only STARTED with the latest firmware. Prior to this firmware I never had a problem. I also noticed that logging into the web admin console is VERY slow. I have tried rebooting and turning off/on SAMBA via the web console. I have a TS-653A.

I will raise a help desk ticket through the console (if I can given how slow it is responding).
scsirob
Getting the hang of things

Re: Unable to access shared folders since firmware 4.3.3 - Samba Restart no longer fixes the problem!!! update

Post by scsirob »

ToolmanJoe wrote:Great job guys - NOT! I just installed firmware update 4.3.3.0262. Not only did it NOT fix the problem with shared folders but restarting Samba no longer works either. I've never seen such incompetence in my life!
Joe,
Sounds like your system has a different issue than what this firmware fixes. Firmware isn't a magic wand, it doesn't solve everything for everyone all the time. Open a support ticket and have QNAP look at it.

Rob
scsirob
Getting the hang of things

Post by scsirob »

palmerac wrote:Hey, scsirob -

I'm in the middle of a TeamViewer session now with Alex, who just un-did his temporary work-around. He suggests that you set up a session and let him un-do the work-around on your NAS as well.
Thanks for the headsup. I think I'll leave it as-is. The work-around that Alex put in could be switched on and off by means of a semaphore file. The last firmware removed that semaphore file so the software behaves as it used to. I'm not going to worry about it.
ToolmanJoe
Starting out

Post by ToolmanJoe »

Hey scsirob,

After reading the last few posts, I decided to try manually reinstalling the firmware and now it is working. Hooray! Not sure what went wrong first time around (I just clicked update and let the NAS do an auto install) but I was not working even after a Samba restart. Now it is fine even after a reboot. If anyone else has problems after letting their NAS download and install the upgrade automatically, try doing it manually. It worked here. Thanks to all, including the developers who fixed this. I apologize for my rant the other day. -Joe
fallsky
New here

Post by fallsky »

kunwin wrote:Hi All,

I'm late to the party on this item, but my issues with slow or inoperable SAMBA access only STARTED with the latest firmware. Prior to this firmware I never had a problem. I also noticed that logging into the web admin console is VERY slow. I have tried rebooting and turning off/on SAMBA via the web console. I have a TS-653A.

I will raise a help desk ticket through the console (if I can given how slow it is responding).
Me too. Had no issues before until I upgraded to this latest firmware. Mine is TS469Pro.
kickbackpunk
Starting out

Post by kickbackpunk »

I can confirm the issue has been resolved for me since the latest release, however I did do a manual install as Toolman Joe pointed out, maybe thats what's needed on this version.
LazyPawn
New here

Post by LazyPawn »

You can add me to the list. After the automatic upgrade all samba functionality was lost (even after rebooting). A manual install fixed the problems.
michialt
New here

Post by michialt »

Is this update available for the TS410???? I am having this same issue
kickbackpunk
Starting out

Post by kickbackpunk »

The latest firmware for the TS-410 is 4.2.6 build 20170729 which was released July 31st
michialt
New here

Post by michialt »

I get that that is the latest version, but my TS410 is currently USELESS and this thread describes my EXACT problem
kickbackpunk
Starting out

Post by kickbackpunk »

The 4.3.3 Firmware is not for your TS-410 I would suggest opening a ticket with QNAP

Return to “File Sharing”