network failure the device was not found on the network

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
Blackout
Starting out

network failure the device was not found on the network

Post by Blackout »

hi im using the latest Qfinder (6.1), i can see my TS869 in Qfinder just fine, i can log into my TS869 and look at the Admin settings perfectly. Looking around at the settings in the 869 and its nice and responsive.

Then i go to Map Network Drive and i get a long stall from Qfinder, it actually drops into "Not Responding" in the top bar of the window, but then after 30 seconds or so it pops up and asks for the TS869 Login and password, and then i get the popup message "network failure the device was not found on the network."

Huh? it can see my 869 obviously, i can see it in the list and stroll around in its Admin Web Page settings, using the same login and password. So why cant it find the device to map the drive?
Capture.JPG
many thanks for your advice...

Blackout
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: network failure the device was not found on the network

Post by dolbyman »

when you manually map the drive via IP/Name ? .. what happens ?
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Single network connection?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
Blackout
Starting out

Post by Blackout »

hi Don well the TS869 runs through a switch. it connects to various things from there but my PC is directly plugged into it. I havent had a problem before its worked fine for a few months now and then the last few days its not allowing me to map a network drive. But one more piece of info...It is running Rsync at the moment, backing itself up to a TS410. Its been running for a few days and has "12 days to go" ... i wonder if its "too busy" doing Rsync? but the CPU only shows about 10% busy in Admin settings....is there a bug where Rsync and Mapping a Network drive dont work together?
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

So more than one connection. Are they on different subnets? Is your PC connected to the switch? What happens if you try to connect to the NAS via the switch connection and not the direct connection? Why do you have it directly connected anyway?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

@Don ... not sure there are different connections involved from the details provided.
Blackout
Starting out

Post by Blackout »

just to let everyone know i took that pc and threw it into the street and brought a new one, now its working fine.

i have a feeling that the MB was failing, it was old.

MAny thanks for your posts.

Cheers,
Blackout
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

tossing it out the window seems fitting for that nick :D

Return to “File Sharing”