Share folder Access issues via FTP

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
abissa
New here

Share folder Access issues via FTP

Post by abissa »

Hi there,

I have a very strange and erratic issue I can't figure out on my TS-859U+ running version 4.2.6.

A share that was working fine via FTP before has disappeared from all accounts that access it. I am using Advanced Folder Sharing, and built-in rights assignment from the Web GUI. I have played with the rights, created new accounts, modified rights, and I am able to make the folder reappear sometimes (it's not even consistent...) if in the rights I give RW access to this folder + RW access to other folders as well...if I give RW access to this folder only it never appears.

My goal in the end is to only give RO access to this folder and this folder only, but when doing that, the folder does not appear. Setting other folders as RO works fine, only this one is affected. I connected using SSH, checked the proftpd.conf file and everything looks right to me, the share appears in the configuration with the correct rights.

Any help would be appreciated as this folder contains critical information and I need to restore access to it to external users as soon as possible.

Cheers

Return to “File Sharing”