Share Link - System Locks Up When Downloading

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
RecoveryForce
Starting out

Share Link - System Locks Up When Downloading

Post by RecoveryForce »

I've had lots of lock up issues with my unit over the past year, but thought I finally had them figured out over the summer when I disabled the built-in AV. It certainly has made it more stable and instead of having to hard repower my unit a couple times a week, it has actually run for a month or two at a time.

It has been running stable, so I haven't done any OS updates until today. In the past couple weeks, the system has frozen twice, both times when a client has started the download via the shared link we provided them. So, it obviously has something to do with that process causing the system to lock up. In the latest case, the download was started in the evening, when there was no other activity on the unit. This suggests that it shouldn't be overloaded with too much activity.

The best I can figure out is that the process to zip the files is overwhelmed with too many files or the creation of too large of a zip file.

I cannot be the only one experiencing this. Any suggestions?
TS-431 replaced with TS-453B
FW Version: 4.3.4.0569
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: Share Link - System Locks Up When Downloading

Post by Trexx »

I would suggest opening a helpdesk ticket with QNAP as seems something fishy going on.

Does it matter what filesize/type is being shared?
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq

Return to “File Sharing”