Mysterious .@__thumb files causing issues with HBS3 and Rsync.

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
randalthevandal
New here

Mysterious .@__thumb files causing issues with HBS3 and Rsync.

Post by randalthevandal »

Hello!

1. I'm not sure if this issue is actually stemming from my use / misuse of Adobe Bridge, or QNAP services.

2. I do go against Adobe's guidelines and use Bridge with files located on my local NAS, so this could very well be why I'm experiencing this issue

So! After doing a whole lot of file renaming work and general viewing of files via Bridge on the aforementioned NAS unit, I ran a Chronosync job (which I believe is just a custom version of Rsync) and received countless errors as the sync progressed. I eventually ticked an option skipped all additional errors on the job, so that I didn't have to sit there manually skipping each error that came about during the sync.

With that said, I had a look at the sync log after the fact, and found countless instances of thumb files and other files that emulate real filenames, but are preceded with "._" - My feeling is that these files are invisible files, given I cannot actually locate them in let's say, Apple Finder.

I've attached screen grabs of the sync log that show these files.

Can anyone highlight if this could be an issue stemming from my use of Bridge? And of course... if anyone has any idea how to retroactively rid file structures of these files that would be incredible. As of now, Rsync jobs on Chronosync or my NAS itself (QNAP) will read as "failed" because of me having to skip these files, but the jobs are actually successful.

My concern is that going forward, I will not be able to detect more serious issues with files. Usually the job log is a great way to find corruption and other issues, and now it's completely clogged with these thumb files and it's making the detection of more important issues near impossible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Return to “File Sharing”