WIFI network connection lost during reboot [SOLVED]

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
ArcticLight
Starting out

WIFI network connection lost during reboot [SOLVED]

Post by ArcticLight »

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have searched and not found any solution to this yet.

I have a TS-1685, and several computers running Windows 10 Pro.
With the computers connected through wired network connection everything is working fine.

With my wifi connected laptop, however, I am loosing connection to the NAS mapped drive every-time I reboot.
Only way to get access to the NAS again is to launch Qnap finder, and remap the drive again, using the same drive-letter as before.

This is really annoying, and it should not have to be like this!
The laptop easily reconnects to every other shared network drive on my home network after a reboot, without me doing anything, just not the NAS drive. All pcs/NAS are in the same windows workgroup.

Please someone help, this is driving me nuts. Not sure if this is a QNAP issue or Windows issues, but I suspect QNAP, as I am able to connect every other shared drive automatically after reboot, using my WIFI laptop.

Error message if I try to access the mapped NAS network drive from my WIFI laptop, without remapping in Qnap finder:

An error occurred while reconnecting Q: to \\NAS\home
Microsoft Windows Network: You cant access this shared folder because your organizations security policies block unauthenticated guest access. These policies help protect your PC from unsafe or malicious devices on the network. The connection has not been restored.
Last edited by ArcticLight on Sun May 03, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: WIFI network connection lost during reboot

Post by dolbyman »

map the drive with credentials instead of guest access
ArcticLight
Starting out

Post by ArcticLight »

Thanks for your reply dolbyman. But that's exactly what I am doing. I enter both admin username and password in QNAP Finder when I am mapping the drive. But it is not remembered when I reboot the pc. I have to remap again in Qnap finder.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

map them manually then, not via qfinder

easiest way would be to have the computer and NAS use the same credentials
ArcticLight
Starting out

Post by ArcticLight »

Problem is I cannot access my NAS (and map it in Windows) until after I have logged in using QNAP finder.
Tried mapping in Windows explorer, does not help. Still have to login/remap with QNAP finder again to regain access to the NAS.
ArcticLight
Starting out

Post by ArcticLight »

I solved it!! There was an option called "reconnect using different credentials" when mapping the drive from Windows explorer.
I marked this option, entered username and password and marked for rememeber, and reboot. Voila, now it remembers and automatically connects and gives me access to the NAS after a reboot.

:DD :DD :mrgreen:

Return to “File Sharing”