HybridMount remote devices not mounting or showing in FileStation

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
c_henry
New here

HybridMount remote devices not mounting or showing in FileStation

Post by c_henry »

Hi,

Got an annoying problem. I have a TS-635B on which I'm running Plex. The QNAP is holding my TV Series and I have a bunch of Synology DiskStations holding Movies, 4K Movies, and documentaries. I've set up HybridMount (HM) so that the correct shares on the Synology's are mounted at boot time. When I go into HM it shows them as mounted, but they don't appear as accessible in FileStation. Logging in using SSH shows that just one Synology is mounted instead of 5. I've tried disabling and re-enabling the shares for the unmounted ones but they still don't get mounted. The only way I've found is to delete the mount in HM and create a new one which then appears in FileStation. This causes an issue as the path that the QNAP mounts it to is different than what Plex is expecting and the library gets rebuilt.

One of my movie shares I have over 3000 movies which takes many hours to rebuild and then I have to go through and fix any mismatches that Plex makes.

I've updated, today, the QNAP firmware and all packages to see if this makes a difference and I still have the same issue. All the Synology's are pingable/resolvable from the QNAP.

Mount command is showing:

[~] # mount | grep -i disk
//diskstation7/DS7_Share on /share/external/.nd/0/02d14e112-8a92-4dc0-8feb-331345d5a903 type cifs (rw)
//diskstation11/DS11_Share on /share/external/.nd/1000/0a0a06138-84f3-4b9c-92a5-d5981b7d4eba type cifs (rw)
[~] #

DiskStation7 is mounted at boot, but not shown in FileStation
DiskStation11 is now mounted and shown in FileStation.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Many thanks,

Colin

Return to “File Sharing”