Folder pairing question

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
Hytheman
New here

Folder pairing question

Post by Hytheman »

There is probably a very simple solution but I am having a problem in setting up a paired folder on my Mac. In Qsync Client I have selected View & Manage Paired Folders and tried to Add a Paired Folder. The only Folder on the NAS visible is the Qsync folder, and it does not show any subfolders even when clicking the arrow beside Qsync. I would like to Pair a folder on my Mac desktop and a new, separate folder on the NAS. I am a new user and may be missing the point entirely but would appreciate the advice of experienced users.
atelier.bzh
First post

Re: Folder pairing question

Post by atelier.bzh »

Hello, Hytheman: did you find an answer to your question : i'm struggling with "qsync pairing logic" wich is untelligible to me!!!! As you, hard to share and pairing. There à status "pending" ou "waiting" for my folders, as if i should find a mail or a notification to authorize the pairing or the sharing but i don't know where give this approval !!! via the file station? via app Qsync???
Thanks to answer if ever you solved your issue !!!!
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

Ignore the default folder pair and build folder pairs starting from scratch.
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... er-devices
Hytheman
New here

Post by Hytheman »

From Qsync Client I select View and manage folder pairs. Then I press +
When I try to select a folder on the NAS it only shows Qsync (which is greyed out) and tells me to select an unpaired folder as it cannot pair an already paired folder.
Please, what are the steps to create an unpaired folder on my NAS? Any folder I create in the normal way does not show up.
drinkmorejava
New here

Post by drinkmorejava »

spile is correct here, it's just the UI is super unclear so when you first load up the sync screen it already has a default pair for the entire home/Qsync folder. You need to delete this first. Without deleting it, it looks like you have already paired the folder and pairing twice to the same computer isn't a great idea.

On first glance it looks like it's just giving you sync folder statistics, but what it's really showing is a default share for everything. You need to delete the pair in my attached image that shows 36.3 GB.
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “File Sharing”