Is it possible to backup Qsync to Onedrive?

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
Roykor
New here

Is it possible to backup Qsync to Onedrive?

Post by Roykor »

Hey peeps,

I am thinking about changing my data storage. Now i use Onedrive is my main driver. Every night my Qnap collects the latest data en sync Onedrive so I have a copy.

I was playing around with Qsync and that seems te work very good too. And working on your own device, it feels a bit 'safer'. Pointing out to the many stories of people being banned from Microsoft services instant, cause AI algoritmes flagged those people. No discussion, data gone.

With this in mind, i was trying to sync the Qsync folder with Onedrive in a one way sync in HBS3. With no luck. I found out later that HBS3 does not support syncing the Qsync folder.

My question is: Is there any way to sync the Qsync folder to an Onedrive so i have a backup of my files stored in the cloud? Or can i stop my quest and invest the time in playing a game haha :D
Roykor
New here

Re: Is it possible to backup Qsync to Onedrive?

Post by Roykor »

I guess there is no way to do this. So far i have found no solution to use onedrive and qsync on the same time. Using onedrive as a backup, but also useable to access
dhanlin
Starting out

Re: Is it possible to backup Qsync to Onedrive?

Post by dhanlin »

Here's an example of what I have done. I have QSync setup to sync my Onedrive folder from here (C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive\Documents) to my NAS. So technically I have folders & files on my laptop, the Onedrive Cloud and sync'd to my local NAS. I have had my whole family setup like this for 3 years. It has worked really well.

Over the last couple of months I started to use the Onedrive Personal Vault. Unfortunately I could NOT find a way to get QSync to work with the Onedrive Personal Vault. QSync does not recognize it. So I wrote a little Powershell script that will "sync" my Onedrive Personal Vault to a NAS file folder.

Return to “File Sharing”