Seraph2402
New here

Users has no permission to access home folder

Post by Seraph2402 »

Hi all,

NAS: TS-h1886XU-RP
FW: h4.5.4.1771

i have a problem with permissions.

I have created many user, and all of them has a home folder. After creating these users, home folder is created but permissions for these user a not set.
In this case they have no access to they home folder.

i've looked on the shared folder permissions for the subfolder of homes folder, an the users are not automaticllay added to there folders. i need to add these permission manually.

Does anyone have the same problem? On my old NAS with FW 4.3.4 these permission are set automaticlally.
Current: QNAP TS-h1886XU-RP - FW: h4.5.4.1771
Deprecated: QNAP TS-469 Pro - FW: 4.3.4.1652
Sinister Stairs
New here

Re: Users has no permission to access home folder

Post by Sinister Stairs »

I have this issue as well. EDIT: Looks like I updated my firmware last night (2021-9-16, QTS 4.5.4.1787), so this is the first time I've tried ssh'ing to the box since then. (I didn't have any ssh issues prior to the update.)

I did try creating a new user/home directory several minutes ago before trying to ssh, which is how I discovered the impermissions

RESOLVED: It turns out the issue was unrelated to the firmware update or creating new user directories: The issue is I created a new service group and some of my users to it. I didn't realize that Shared Folder permissions (QTS) are "least permissive" and not most permissive. I could have fixed the issue by increasing the service group's permissions, or I could remove my users from that group (which is what I did).

Return to “File Sharing”