Permissions for new user

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
gillmacca
Starting out

Permissions for new user

Post by gillmacca »

Sorry if this is the wrong place.
I am having trouble with permissions for new user.
Using the default admin account, I can access/move files/folders on the android mobile apps, my laptop (with network discovery on) and in virtualization station (mapping a network drive).
I have been meaning to do the next bit for a while, but RL gets in the way.
I have created a new user (so that I can disable the admin account), which has read/write access to all shared folders and selected as administrator and everyone under 'user group' and also has 'grant' ticked on all application under 'application privilege'.
I have logged out and logged back in with the new user and disabled the default admin account.
Now I am getting error on my laptop and virtualization station (cannot map network). Not near my laptop at the moment, but the error message roughly says: QNAP is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network.
Strangely enough, I can see access all folders using the mobile apps, but fail when I try to move files

Anyone got any advise? It's probably just a tick I have missed somewhere, but can't seem to see any difference between the default admin and the new user settings
QNAP TS451+ 3TB, 4TB & 6TB

Return to “File Sharing”