Re-establish timemachine share

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
sul
New here

Re-establish timemachine share

Post by sul »

Hello,

after a minor RAID failure, I had to downgrade firmware and re-apply new firmware, which caused my timemachine and some other shared folders to disappear. I was able to re-create all shares except timemachine (called TMBackup). Using ssh, I can see that the DATA volume has .timemachine/ folder with xxx.backupbundle/ folder intact. I just need to re-establish the TMBackup share so that my mac can "see" it again and begin to backup where it left off. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Firmware: 4.3.3.1799 Build 2021101008
Device: TS-219+
tm folder listing.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wyattd
Starting out

Re: Re-establish timemachine share

Post by wyattd »

Interesting, I have a slightly different issue but surrounding a Time Machine Shared backup folder which on my system is also called TMBackup.

Did you happen to create that folder with QNAPs Hybrid Backup App? My issue is when I look at the Shared folder permissions in QNAP Privileges my TMBackup folder does not have any options to either Edit Properties or Permissions even by the Admin users, so it can't appear to be changed or modified after its initial creation.

I can see it from my Mac as a choice in Time machine provided the folder is mounted. One way to do this is using QNAPs QfinderPro app, Network drive option which allows you to mount a selection of shared folders so your Mac can see them.

Be interested whether you have different permissions access on that folder in the QNAP Control Privileges info and whether you used QNAPs Hybrid Backup app to create?

Hope this assists.

Cheers
David
QNAP 4bay TVS-473e
40GB Memory. Memory slots 4 (16 GB / 4 GB / 16 GB / 4 GB)
Raid 10 Configured 4x4TB WD Red (8TB total - Approx 50% Free)
Add in cards
QNAP QXG-10G2TB Dual-port (10GBASE-T) 10GbE network expansion card, AQC113C, PCle Gen3 x4
QNAP QM2-4P-384 Quad M.2 2280 PCle SSD expansion card, PCle Gen3 x8, low-profile bracket pre-loaded, low-profile flat and full-height are bundled - Fully Loaded 4X 2TB WD Blue SSD
Firmware version: 5.0.0.1891
Raid 10 Configured 4x4TB WD Red (8TB total - Approx 50% Free)

Home Network to Macs (macos Monterey
Version 12.1) via ethernet Cat 6a and QNAP 10Gbe Switch

Return to “File Sharing”