Weird problem with filestation.. 0 byte file

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
nitrotg
Starting out

Weird problem with filestation.. 0 byte file

Post by nitrotg »

Hi

Have a weird problem i cannot find a solution on..

When a friend logs in to the filestation and enter a directory, all the files are 0 byte size.. even tho they are 2-3gb size

It's not all the folders that gives this problem.. i have tried to make the folder read/write enable.. (normally read only).. still not working.. But if i move the folder to another directory he can read it fine..

i have checked all settings within premissions and shared folders.. and all are set as it should..

I have no problem with my admin account..

Anyone?
pwilson
Guru

Re: Weird problem with filestation.. 0 byte file

Post by pwilson »

nitrotg wrote:Hi

Have a weird problem i cannot find a solution on..

When a friend logs in to the filestation and enter a directory, all the files are 0 byte size.. even tho they are 2-3gb size

It's not all the folders that gives this problem.. i have tried to make the folder read/write enable.. (normally read only).. still not working.. But if i move the folder to another directory he can read it fine..

i have checked all settings within premissions and shared folders.. and all are set as it should..

I have no problem with my admin account..

Anyone?
99.9% of the time this is a Permissions issue. If not on the file itself, possibly on the directories above it. Your "user" needs to be able to access every part of the "path" to the file in question.

You have chosen not to provide screenshots, or information about the user or file, so it is impossible to assist you except with this generic answer.
If you provided more information (A screenshot perhaps? See Forum FAQ: Can I post images). Perhaps we could help further.
  1. Can you access your NAS via SSH?
  2. What Operating System is installed on your PC?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

NAS internal storage volume, or external storage and a foreign file system like NTFS or HFS+?
nitrotg
Starting out

Post by nitrotg »

Sorry for the late answer....

This is what i have tried without luck..

Created a new user as admin and gave it all the permission possible, and access to all apps.. Same problem..
My own admin account is working without any problem..

i'm running on EXT4 RAID 0

System is fully updated..

Only thing let is to delete everything and start all over.. but really don't wanna do that..!

Screenshot it is with Admin account

Screenshot with made account with admin rights and all activated..

Anyone have a solution?
nitrotg
Starting out

Post by nitrotg »

after seeing my own screenshot i can see that the date on the files are set to 1970 on the user thats not working.. but 2013 on the user that are working.. could that mean anything?
nitrotg
Starting out

Post by nitrotg »

Still have the problem..!! I have tryed everything.. do i really need to make backup of everything and reinstall the system?
Jonatan_1MB
First post

Post by Jonatan_1MB »

Hi,

Same problem, any way for delete a file with date 1970 a size 0 kb?
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Jonatan_1MB wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:45 am Hi,

Same problem, any way for delete a file with date 1970 a size 0 kb?
Start a new thread with all pertinent information. Don’t post to six year old threads. Topic locked.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “File Sharing”