Monitor stopped working

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
A Pearson
First post

Monitor stopped working

Post by A Pearson »

I am running Surveillance Station and have been using the Monitor its been working fine
Both cameras shown on Camera Overview
Now monitor does not show the cameras I have installed, if I remember the monitor view gave the IP of the camera it does not any more
Help in the right direction appreciated
I am running latest Chrome Not changed between working and not working to the best of my knowledge
And I am not the sharpest IT man
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Monitor stopped working

Post by dolbyman »

Chrome updates itself, so maybe something broke, are recordings still working ? Did you try a different browser ?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Monitor stopped working

Post by AlastairStevenson »

The Monitor and Playback functions within Surveillance Station do not use a Chrome plugin, as Chrome (and other browsers such as MS Edge) no longer support the classic NPAPI / ActiveX plugins, due to security risks.
Some time ago, QNAP added the Qmon Windows app for IE11 and Chrome to launch when in Monitor and Playback to provide equivalent functionality.

For both IE11 and Chrome you should have seen this info on first use:
In order to use the surveillance service in the Internet Explorer, please follow the steps below:

1.First, go to http://192.168.1.201:8080/cgi-bin/QMon.exe to download the file.
2.To ensure that the installation process can be completed successfully, please close all browser windows.
3.Run the installation program.
4.After installation is completed successfully, restart Internet Explorer and connect to the QNAP device by its IP address to start the surveillance function.

* For best system performance, please upgrade to the latest version.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”