Force Secure Connection locks me out of QVRclient

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
jeadhob
Starting out

Force Secure Connection locks me out of QVRclient

Post by jeadhob »

As of late my QNAP NAS has been getting pounded with admin login attempts. I disabled admin but I also enabled "force Secure connection only" under control panel->General->System administration. As soon as I did that I am unable to connect to QVR Client to see my cameras.

I am out of the office often so I use Splashtop to jump on computers in my office and from there I am able to get back onto the NAS and I can flip the switch off, click apply, and immediately my QVR Client connects on port :8082. but as soon as I turn on "force secure connection" nothing seems to work to get me on the cameras.

Note: I am on a Mac client. I use port :8082all the time. I have tried with the SSL button checked and unchecked.. doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is this a port thing? If so, anyone know what port I should use when trying a secure connection? Should I be selecting the SSL button?
Any Advice would be great thanks :)
Last edited by jeadhob on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeadhob
Starting out

Re: Force Secure Connection locks me out of QVRclient

Post by jeadhob »

sorry about implying this was resolved it isn't.
When I disable 'force secure connections" I can connect via port 8082... but when I enable it.. I still cannot. Even if I hit the SSL button at the bottom of the QVR Client software.
Last edited by jeadhob on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
QNAPAlanK
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPAlanK »

I think the default SSL port should be 443, not 8082. Unless you have been changed it.
You could try to access via web.
jeadhob
Starting out

Post by jeadhob »

I have checked the SSL box and changed the port to 443 and whether I have "force secure connection" on or off on the NAS I cannot connect. It just spins and spins until it says it cannot connect. I also do not believe I have changed the port number for SSL. I don't know how to actually :). I also do not know how to connect via the web for surveillance station.

Disabling "force secure connection" allows me to connect via QVRclient on port:8082 though but nothing on 443
AnalogEngineer
Starting out

Post by AnalogEngineer »

@ jeadhob have you figured this out?
I'm a new QNAP owner trying to get either QVR Pro or Surveillance station to see my cameras. On a hunch I unchecked ""force Secure connection only" and now I get a lot further along. Before I got "connection failed, the IP Address is invalid" even though search did locate the ONVIF camera. I seem to also have other problems after I get that far but this seems to be my first stumbling block.
I have had several rounds of back and forth with tech support at alas they don't even understand what I am talking about and keep pointing me to other programs, which are not part of what I am doing or not having issues (language barrier?)?
jeadhob
Starting out

Post by jeadhob »

I have not yet figured out how to fix this. As of right now, I do not have the SSL box checked. I'm tossing the idea around of looking at other NAS devices or just setting up a different server altogether. My office needs the NAS for file sharing, needs surveillance (which I still have a hell of a time converting the video footage into anything useful) I basically jump through a dozen hoops to get the video into a format I can edit in iMovie or similar app, I find the device to be a bit chunky... that said I seem to really like the overall ease of maintenance and Qnap has gotten better. I'm on the fence at the moment: Do I 1. break everything out on to separate devices? One Filesharing box, one surveillance system box, one server (we run a local server for an office software we have), or 2. Have the 2 setups I have NAS does file sharing and surveillance and just sorta work around the limits.
QNAPAlanK
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPAlanK »

Hi jeadhob

Could you submit a helpdesk ticket?
And provide the remote connection info in the ticket, we could check with your environment for resolving your issue!

Thank you.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”