Alarm recording stopped working on Cam1 (Cam2 is ok)

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
kalehtim
Starting out

Alarm recording stopped working on Cam1 (Cam2 is ok)

Post by kalehtim » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 am

Hi All,

I have two cameras connected to SS and they have been working flawlessly for years. On Dec 27 2019 something happened as Camera1's alarm recording does not work anymore. Camera 2 is ok. Only manual recording seems to be working with Camera1. There are no error or warning messages in the surveillance events log that could could be of help. "Motion detected on camera 1" message just stopped appearing there. I have the latest FW and SS installed on QNAP (TS-231P).

I have another QNAP (quite old and slow) and I installed SS on it and configured the Camera1 there and alarm recording worked just fine - so the camera is ok. This is just so old and slow QNAP server that I cannot use it so I connected Cam1 back to the newer QNAP server and tried to reinstall and reconfigure SS but nothing has helped. It seems that uninstalling SS does not remove the settings files - the old settings reappear after reinstalling SS. Is there a manual way to remove SS and all related configuration files?

I have also deleted the camera configuration and reconfigured it but it did not help. Changing the playback path to a new folder did not help either.

Any ideas what to do next?

BR,

Kari

storageman
Ask me anything

Re: Alarm recording stopped working on Cam1 (Cam2 is ok)

Post by storageman » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Why not try QVR Pro. 8 free licences?
No new development from Qnap with SS, so fixes may be long time coming.

kalehtim
Starting out

Re: Alarm recording stopped working on Cam1 (Cam2 is ok)

Post by kalehtim » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:51 pm

That would require new HW so I prefer to try to e.g. reinstall SS if there is just a way to do a clean install without reinstalling the whole QNAP.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”