QVR Pro backup to OneDrive using HBS3

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
iwolke
New here

QVR Pro backup to OneDrive using HBS3

Post by iwolke » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:50 pm

I switched to using QVR Pro on my TS-453A (16 Gb, 4x4Tb, 4 cams). It took some tweaking, I'm not done yet, but most of it is stable and working.

What I want to do is keep an off-site copy of my surveillance data in OneDrive. I'm using HBS3 to set up a one-way, real-time sync (mirror) to my OneDrive space. I've chosen the \Standard_Format folder as SOURCE.
The result I see is quite unexpected; it does synchronize, but only to the situation at job start; it synchonizes the dates and hourly directories until the moment I started the sync job. Any future files and directories added to the SOURCE folder seem to be ignored by the HBS3 job.

Fun fact: when I manually copy a test directory containing some files into the SOURCE folder it gets synced to OneDrive straight away.

I haven't been able to replicate this behaviour with test directories, using each combination of active/one-way/two-way sync and move/copy/mirror options.

Anyone who can help? I've seen other messages on this forum on the combination of HBS3 and real-time cloud synchronizing issues but not about this specific behaviour.

Kind regards,

Ignasz

spile
Easy as a breeze

Re: QVR Pro backup to OneDrive using HBS3

Post by spile » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:39 pm

Have you opened a call? What was the response?

iwolke
New here

Post by iwolke » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:55 pm

Yes, I have.

Unfortunately, the response was : "Unfortunately, QVR Pro doesn't support real time backup due to technical concerns."
As you see, hardly informative.

They suggested to change into a periodic backup. For security reasons however, you'd have to rely on near realtime synchronizing to keep off site copies when a NAS is destroyed or removed.

Anyone has a better idea?

Kind regards,
Ignasz

spile
Easy as a breeze

Post by spile » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:55 pm

I backup my events to an external usb Drive.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”