QVR event recording suddenly stopped

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
IainF
Getting the hang of things

QVR event recording suddenly stopped

Post by IainF »

Hi,
I've been running Surveillance station and subsequently QVR Pro for years with three cameras, two Hikvision cameras and one Reolink. They've worked flawlessly throughout this time with movement detection triggering recordings that I've been able to review as expected. A couple of days ago I found that the event recording had stopped (there are no red lines to denote movement detection) and QVR Pro couldn't connect to the Reolink recordings. I have 800GB assigned to the recordings with automatic overwrite enabled and as I say this has worked fine.

Thinking that this might be an out of date software issue I updated my Mac client (no notice from QVR Pro of a new version being available) but no dice. I rebuilt the database index for the Reolink camera but still no joy. The cameras all display fine in QVR Pro and going into the web client for QVR server all seems to test out OK.

Has there been a license change for QVR Pro? Do I need to start from scratch and wipe all my recordings and start again? I can't think of any 'internal' event that could have triggered this change, oh except possibly a firmware update for the NAS !!!

In terms of hardware/software.

Mac OS 11.5.2, QVR Pro Mac client 2.1.0.21187 2021/07/06, QNAP TVS-471, Firmware 4.5.4 1787, 16GB RAM, QVR Pro 2.1.0.0

I also didn't realise that recordings could now only be viewed for 14 days past. What's the cheapest way to allow unlimited prior event recording (if I can get the system to work again!)

Any thoughts on solutions appreciated.

Cheers

Iain
spile
Been there, done that

Re: QVR event recording suddenly stopped

Post by spile »

I’ve not noticed any errors with my two Amcrest cameras. I accept the 14 day limit and backup events to an external HD drive so I have years of events but note that if you have enough space on your NAS your recordings are still available after 14 days from file manager.
IainF

Post by IainF »

Hi spile
Thanks for the reply.
Still not sure what's going on. Things have gradually come back to normal-ish but the app seems slow. I quit the server and re-launched it and initially the two Hikvision cameras events seemed to be behaving OK but the Reolink one wasn't showing any events but when I double clicked in the area where the event markers would normally be the app showed the video of a detection event and if I clicked further up or down the timeline it showed a later/earlier event.

I tried launching the CamPack (which I obtained from support when I installed the Reolink camera) but it wouldn't do so (out of date I guess) but anyhoo, all seems to be OK now.

I've no idea what was going on. Maybe the firmware update caused a re-indexing or something of the like.

In terms of accessing event logs later than 14 days, I guess I just have to dig down through the file structure to find date stamped recording files?

Thanks again

Cheers
Iain
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

IainF wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:35 pm
In terms of accessing event logs later than 14 days, I guess I just have to dig down through the file structure to find date stamped recording files?

Yes unfortunately. Exporting events to an external USB drive works for me.
IainF

Post by IainF »

There's (coincidentally) been another update to the server app on my NAS and whether related or not, things seem to be back to normal...

Return to “Surveillance Solution”