motion detection in a certain area?

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
EdmundF
New here

motion detection in a certain area?

Post by EdmundF »

AlastairStevenson wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 am
Is the two camera motion detect limit a known issue?
It's a processing power limitation in the specific NAS that's handling the video analytics.

Generally, the camera itself is much better at handling the motion and other event detection, and passing on the notifications to the NAS app for the configured action such as recording.
This is because the camera has a special-purpose DSP (digital signal processor) that does the video encoding and imaging analytics.
The NAS just has its CPU.
Can you tell me how to configure the system in order to use a camera for motion detection in a certain area?
I tried to do so with an ANNKE and a Dahua camera, but in both cases the NAS start recording at any movement in the whole camera view, not a specified area.
OneCD
Guru

Re: motion detection in a certain area?

Post by OneCD »

* topic split from viewtopic.php?f=187&t=149989 *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
EdmundF
New here

Post by EdmundF »

That doesn't answer my question
Thisisnotmyname
Easy as a breeze

Post by Thisisnotmyname »

EdmundF wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:05 am That doesn't answer my question
no, he's a mod and split your question off of a larger thread into its own thread. He's moderating as is his role as a moderator.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I have area motion detection set up on my Amcrest camera which are rebranded Duahas. The setup was a bit flaky firmware side but it does work for me and Qvrpro does pick it up.
EdmundF
New here

Post by EdmundF »

Can you elaborate, how did you set it up what is the configuration?
I tried the camera as motion detector and that works with QVR Pro, just selected the camera as detector.
I set up a certain area for motion detection in the camera-software but QVR Pro start recording at any movement in the whole camera area, it completely ignores the area I selected.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I set up a certain area for motion detection in the camera-software but QVR Pro start recording at any movement in the whole camera area, it completely ignores the area I selected.
QVRpro will only start recording when triggered to do so by the camera, assuming you really have enabled on-camera detection in QVRpro and not QVRpro motion detection.
You need to re-visit the camera web GUI motion detection configuration.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”