Two beginner questions about QVR Pro

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
jacQues1024
New here

Two beginner questions about QVR Pro

Post by jacQues1024 »

I'm a n00b when it comes to NAS. Sorry about that. I didn't find an answer in the FAQ and there seems to be no search function.

I am using a TS-653D-8GB NAS in a LAN with no Internet for just file backup and DVR-functionality. (The no-Internet is a must, due to rules here about camera recordings.) I thought that would be easy. Well, I setup the NAS just fine (changed IP-address, setup RAID5, created a "thick" volume and share which can be accessed from computers in the network and updated firmware locally to 4.5.4.1800). So the backup-functionality works perfect. :D I also got several 4K IP-cameras with PoE. They are on the QVL, so should work. I connected one to the PoE switch to test.

Surveillance station: The NAS has 4 camera licences activated for it. So I tried this first. I could get the cameras to work using the actual brand and model settings. But then the resolution is...um...total crap! (640x360@15f) Using ONVIF (the camera is detected this way), I couldn't get it to work at all. So on to the successor.

QVR Pro: This works (after installing Container station). The camera was detected via ONVIF and it can record in 4K with sound. Fantastic!

But now my beginner questions...

How to view recordings? I tried QVR Pro client for Windows (v2.1.0), but that doesn't connect. 100% sure the IP-address/username(admin)/password are correct.

I can also manually retrieve recordings with File station. To my surprise they are stored twice! Once as .qvi and as .mp4. That seems very waistefull, both in drive space and -writes. I looked through all the settings, but cannot find how to change this.
spile
Been there, done that

Re: Two beginner questions about QVR Pro

Post by spile »

Using the QVRPro client (Android, Windows iOS) you need to be on the same network. From the Qnap desktop interface, open QVRPro and then launch the client from there. If all fails open a call.
jacQues1024
New here

Post by jacQues1024 »

Thank you. That helped find the cause. It is on the same network, but the firewall needed an exception. Then, I needed a HEVC-thingy for Windows 10. QVR Pro works now. yay

So my remaining question is how to halve the overkill disk space/-writes.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

Files are not (despite) appearances stored twice. One is a short cut. Basically don’t worry about it.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”