QVR Elite

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
BullishBear
New here

QVR Elite

Post by BullishBear »

I had to start from scratch setting up my cameras after lighting killed my router and switch. I ended up starting with QVR Elite. I hav everything setup but what is killing me is I cannot find the way to not record all day. I just want to do event recording. Only way to set events is to enable recording but again that enables all day recording. With QVR pro, I could just do events. I would go back to PRO but already bought license for extra camera and I like the 1gb ram usage of Elite. Any help on setting it up to not record all day and just do event recording please.

Thank you
spile
Been there, done that

Re: QVR Elite

Post by spile »

99% sure that is not possible. 24/7 recording is used to provide a buffer. Otherwise the start of any event would be missed.

You could set up event recording and the minimum recording time as a workaround.
Vitto61
New here

Post by Vitto61 »

spile wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:06 pm 99% sure that is not possible. 24/7 recording is used to provide a buffer. Otherwise the start of any event would be missed.

You could set up event recording and the minimum recording time as a workaround.
Hi, does this mean that a 24/7 recording MUST be enabled to have single events recorded?
Not clear suggested workaround
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

yes, otherwise events would not be recorded at all (or with several crucial seconds missing at the beginning)

They basically use it as a circular buffer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_buffer
Vitto61
New here

Post by Vitto61 »

dolbyman wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:16 am yes, otherwise events would not be recorded at all (or with several crucial seconds missing at the beginning)

They basically use it as a circular buffer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_buffer
Thanks
mtcsltd
Starting out

Post by mtcsltd »

Is this still the case?

I used to use QVR Surveillance on an older NAS, and I had the cameras configured with event recording only. I don't mind missing a few seconds of something. I don't want or need to have 24 hour recording. Seems like rather an oversight not to have that option when it's available on other editions of QVR.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”