QVR Pro Client installation freezes at "Running package scripts..." Please help!

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
toddphi
Starting out

QVR Pro Client installation freezes at "Running package scripts..." Please help!

Post by toddphi »

Hello,

I've been running QVR Pro Client for Mac OS successfully for several months with no issues. Today I was prompted by the Client App that there is a new version (2.1.2-20211104) so I downloaded it from the QNAP website and attempted to install.

The installation freezes at "Running package scripts..." and both the Go Back and Continue buttons are disabled. I've left it running for more than 30 minutes with no progress. It also says "Install time remaining: Less than a minute".

I'm running the latest Mac OS (Monterey 12.0.1 on an M1 Mac Mini with 16GB of RAM). My QNAP server is running fine as I can access the QVR Pro functionality from my other clients (iOS and Windows).

Has anyone else encountered this failure? This is a serious problem because Finder won't allow me to Force Quit, and it won't even allow me to reboot the Mac in order to recover control.

QNAP support, can you please help me resolve this?

Thanks,

Phil
OneCD
Guru

Re: QVR Pro Client installation freezes at "Running package scripts..." Please help!

Post by OneCD »

Hi Phil, QNAP support don’t visit this forum.

Please create a support ticket with QNAP instead: https://service.qnap.com/en

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
toddphi
Starting out

Re: QVR Pro Client installation freezes at "Running package scripts..." Please help!

Post by toddphi »

OneCD wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:19 am Hi Phil, QNAP support don’t visit this forum.

Please create a support ticket with QNAP instead: https://service.qnap.com/en
Sent in a ticket to QNAP 5 days ago. No response.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”