QVR Pro Setup to Trigger Home Automation

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
4Browns
First post

QVR Pro Setup to Trigger Home Automation

Post by 4Browns »

Hello, My apologies in advance for the lengthy post. I’m a novice user attempting to use QVR Pro to trigger a response by my home automation system (e.g., motion detection by camera triggers (1) recording by NAS and (2) activation of exterior lighting controlled by home automation). For home automation, I’m using HomeSeer 3 (HS3) Pro in combination with a HomeSeer Z-Net device and my NAS is a TS-253be with 8 GB of RAM.

I’ve found the following JSON-based example that worked as a Surveillance Station User-defined action to trigger HS3 Pro and I’m attempting to transform it into something that works with QVR Pro:

“/JSON/?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=302&value=1“ (302 is the code assigned by HS3 Pro to the device that I want to control and a value of 1 changes the device status to ON)

It appears that Event Management is the area of QVR Pro that I need to be working in. For Event, I’ve specified a Type of 'Motion Detection' with the Source set as 'camera as detector' (Amcrest IP8M-MT2544EW). This portion of the event appears to be working correctly as I can see a QVR Pro record of an event occurring when the camera detects motion. However,this hasn't successfully triggered activation of exterior lighting and I'm trying to debug my inputs to this part of Event Management. I’m not clear on what to specify and have several questions regarding how to populate the input boxes for Action Name, Type, and Target:
For Name:
• Is this input simply a text field used to describe the action (e.g., Switch Lights On) or Does QVR Pro expect a particular syntax or response that it can recognize/validate?
For Type:
• “Action URL” seems to be the appropriate selection for my scenario; is this correct for what I’m attempting to accomplish?
For Target:
• Is “Target Name” also a text field used to indicate the intended target (e.g., HS3 Z-Net) or is a specific syntax or response such as an IP address required?
For Target / Connection Information:
• Is “HTTP(S) URL” used to identify the IP address & port (e.g., http://192.168.1.xxx:yy) for the Z-Net device that I’m attempting to communicate with? Should it also include the JSON string listed above?
• For “HTTP Method”, is ‘Post’ or ‘Put’ the correct selection? (Get or Delete don’t seem correct.)
• For “Authentication Mode”, ‘Basic’ appears to be the appropriate selection rather than ‘none’. When Basic is selected, a User Name must be specified, but not a password. Is this correct?
• For “HTTP Headers”, is an entry required for Key and Value? If required, where can I find the appropriate entries? Can these be left blank?
• For” HTTP Body”, a Body Type of Raw is the only option. There’s also an input box for entering text – is this where the JSON string listed above should go? Should it be entered into the input box exactly as shown (excluding the double quotation marks)?

Thanks for your assistance!
blup
New here

Re: QVR Pro Setup to Trigger Home Automation

Post by blup »

Yes exactly what I want to know.

How can we send event from QVR Pro to MQTT via an Action URL?

https://www.qnap.com/solution/qvrpro-developer/en/
Metadata search

After you pair devices with relevant cameras, you can search the videos and data of that device at a specific time from the QVR Pro Client. You can see the videos and metadata at one time. For example: connect an access control system to the QVR Pro and pair with QVR Pro's cameras, then you can see the access logs and the videos at the same time.
Perhaps a couple of examples would be nice.

Greetings Blup
blup
New here

Post by blup »

Got it working a little with a small and cheap Tasmota (sonoff with custom firmware) device

URL = http://192.168.1.108/cm?cmnd=Power%20On
HTTP Method = GET
Authentication off
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

I have started using the ESP-32 module for programming smart tasks. Very impressed with the specs (Wi-fi, Bluetooth etc) all for the price of a pint and a half of beer.
dcaldrich00
New here

Post by dcaldrich00 »

Having the same issue and questions here as OP. Tried every combination of entries for the JSON parameters and nothing works. Tested on Postman and works perfectly to HS4. Anyone have this working and care to share their secret??
ephem
New here

Post by ephem »

Same issue here. A "get" JSON command on tasker runs fine and switches on the HS virtual devise, but nothing from a QVR Pro URL action. It works through browser station so it's not an IP permission or log in to HS issue. I can only think it's a bug with QVR Pro.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

Have you opened a call with Qnap support?
ephem
New here

Post by ephem »

Figured it out - kinda feel dumb now :D. It was the antivirus software on my homeseer laptop (Bitdefender). It was causing other issues (memory issues) so I uninstalled it, removed WAN access for the subnet it's on and it started working.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”