QVR Pro not recording

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
TeePee3NAS
Starting out

QVR Pro not recording

Post by TeePee3NAS »

I updated firmware last week but the process resulted in a "is not clean" message on my primary volume and QVR not starting because Container Station did not start properly. I reinstalled Container Station but noticed QVR was not recording (live streaming was working). I then reinstalled QVR but still cannot get QVR to record. It looks like it's recording (Camera Settings notes Stream 1 as 'Recording' and the Windows app shows all cameras 'recording, triggers of movement firing) but there are no files saved (Recording Storage > Recording File Explorer) and no recorded timeline in the Windows app.
Any thoughts?
Thanks very much
spile
Been there, done that

Re: QVR Pro not recording

Post by spile »

I would open a call with Qnap
phayman
New here

Post by phayman »

I have the same issue.. nothing is recoding since the update
"Surveillance Station 5.1.5.3.3 installation succeeded"

I read elsewhere that downgrading solved this for others so I tried downgrading to SurveillanceStation_5.1.2.4.2_20180319_x86_64 but it failed to downgrade with the error
"Surveillance Station 5.1.2.4.2 installation failed. Please upgrade the system firmware to v4.3.0 or higher version."

Did you manage to resolve this @TeePee3NAS ?
TeePee3NAS
Starting out

Post by TeePee3NAS »

Did you manage to resolve this @TeePee3NAS ?
I have a support ticket open. The tech said he looked at my NAS via remote support two days ago and found QVR was recording. I responded within an hour with pictures showing that QVR was in fact not recording. That was two days ago. I have not heard anything from them singing posting the contradictory evidence.

A careless most unsatisfactory response from QNAP support.
TeePee3NAS
Starting out

Post by TeePee3NAS »

Still nothing back from QNAP support.

My suggestion is for all QVR users, no matter the version, to double-check that QVR is actually recording by playing back an earlier timeline.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”