Camera disconnections - create notification

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
paulflano
First post

Camera disconnections - create notification

Post by paulflano »

Hi,

Setup: I two SV3C onvif POE cameras connected via a switch to a QNAP ts-253d which records using QVR pro.

Issue: I have an issue where the cameras will disconnect at either random intervals or after a software update to the QVR pro app.

Background: The camera status will change to "Connecting..." in the camera settings app on QVR pro and recording will stop.
I have a regular restart of the nas scheduled to deal with some of the random disconnects. But unfortunately sometimes a restart doesn't fix the error. The cameras can be disconnected for some time without knowing it.
In order to reconnect the cameras I need to manually change the ONVIF camera model from "ONVIF profile S Cameras" to "ONVIF profile S(Original)" and back again. Following a test this brings the cameras back without having to delete and re-enter settings.

Question: Has anyone encountered a similar issue and could suggest a fix to ensure the camera stays connected?
If not, is it possible to create a push notification alert to flag when the camera status changes to "Connecting..." to ensure I can manually fix the camera.

Possible solutions: Unfortunately there's no edge recording on the camera to ensure a backup. From what I can see in the notification centre there is no option extract the camera status to create a notification (I hope I missed it). Is it possible to write a script to check this status and log it?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Paul

Return to “Surveillance Solution”