How to Connect Wyze Camera v2 to QNAP Surveillance Station

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
mroy5150
Starting out

How to Connect Wyze Camera v2 to QNAP Surveillance Station

Post by mroy5150 »

Is there any way to connect my Wyze Camera to Surveillance Station? I've tried numerous attempts using different configurations and have been unsuccessful.
TS-451+
8 GB RAM
2 WDRed 2TB Drives in RAID 1
mroy5150
Starting out

Re: How to Connect Wyze Camera v2 to QNAP Surveillance Station

Post by mroy5150 »

Can anyone help with this?
TS-451+
8 GB RAM
Iceman_jkh
Getting the hang of things

Post by Iceman_jkh »

Try this...
I had to go into the Wyze app and enable RTSP on the specific cam I wanted to use. (Settings, Advanced, RTSP)
Whe you setup RTSP for a camera in Wyze app, it asks for a username and password. Don't make these the same as your Wyze app login details.
Once you have the username, password and IP of the webcam... fill them into Surveillance Station as per the pic below.

I plan to switch to OpenMiko firmware so I can skip the Wayze app and security/malware risk it brings. https://github.com/openmiko/openmiko

Hope that helps.
Wyze v2 cam.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mroy5150
Starting out

Post by mroy5150 »

Iceman_jkh wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:07 pm Try this...
I had to go into the Wyze app and enable RTSP on the specific cam I wanted to use. (Settings, Advanced, RTSP)
Whe you setup RTSP for a camera in Wyze app, it asks for a username and password. Don't make these the same as your Wyze app login details.
Once you have the username, password and IP of the webcam... fill them into Surveillance Station as per the pic below.

I plan to switch to OpenMiko firmware so I can skip the Wayze app and security/malware risk it brings. https://github.com/openmiko/openmiko

Hope that helps.

Wyze v2 cam.jpg
Thanks for the reply. It looks like RTSP is not included with the standard Wyze firmware. It's a beta firmware that you have to download and install. It looks like as of April they have stopped offering this firmware. No big deal. I'm fine for now just continuing to use the Wyze app.
TS-451+
8 GB RAM

Return to “Surveillance Solution”