Qvr Pro and Hikvision DVR via Generic RTSP strange recording behavior

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
costinr
Starting out

Qvr Pro and Hikvision DVR via Generic RTSP strange recording behavior

Post by costinr »

Hi,

I'm using a TVS-872XT as a surveillance station (Qvr Pro) and a Hikvision DVR DS-7204 series as an "analog-to-digital converter" to get and record continuously the stream from an analog camera connected to DVR.

The normal rtsp url for Hikvision DVRs is: rtsp://dvr-ip:port/Streaming/Channels/101 for first camera, high res stream (.../102 for first camera low res, .../201 for second camera high res, etc.)

Using this rtsp URL with VLC or ispy/agent, I'm able to record continuous stream without stuttering or glitches.
Using the same URL as a Generic RTSP with Qnap Qvr, I get a strange recording of a series of 40 secs records with 10 secs pause between them (screenshot from qvr pro client attached).

I need to emphasize, this behavior appears only with qnap, not with VLC or Ispy agent. The behavior 40sec/10sec series is the same with high res or low res stream, so definitely it's a qnap/qvr settings issue or compatibility (not a hikvision issue).

Any ideea?

Thank you,

Costin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Qvr Pro and Hikvision DVR via Generic RTSP strange recording behavior

Post by AlastairStevenson »

That may be the RTSP 'keep-alive' timing interaction not being handled correctly.
Sounds like a bug in QVR Pro.
Is the version up to date?
My suggestion would be to open a ticket with QNAP, it sounds like the problem is very repeatable.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
costinr
Starting out

Re: Qvr Pro and Hikvision DVR via Generic RTSP strange recording behavior

Post by costinr »

Thank you for your reply, everything is up-to-date (firmware, apps, qvr client, etc)
I've sent a ticket to support, waiting for an answer.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”