INSTAR ONVIF configuration (IN-9408)

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Stefan_
New here

INSTAR ONVIF configuration (IN-9408)

Post by Stefan_ »

Hi,

I am trying to integrate a INSTAR IN-9408 temporary via ONVIF because this camera is not yet on the compatibility list.

I've tried various configurations, according to what I found it should be:

Model: ONVIF ProfileT Cameras
IP: camera's IP-Address
HTTP Port: 8080
RTSP Port: 554
HTTPS Port: 443

During configuration I receive a positive test result but after finishing setup, I would always have a "connection error" and receive "error frame".

Regards,
Stefan
Paedy
First post

Re: INSTAR ONVIF configuration (IN-9408)

Post by Paedy »

Hello,

I have the same issue now.
Installed the INSTAR IN-9408 2k+ now and was happy that everything works - until I opened the QNAP Surveillance Station.

Then I saw that its possible to search for cameras so I selected ONVIF and it shows me all my old cameras but not the new one.
And all of them supporting ONVIF.

Then I tried to configure by myself with ONVIF. It says sometimes the IP Address cant be reached - but the PING TEST is successful.
I tought then it could work because the ONVIF "Test" Button says then a picture of a placeholder (camera) with a green check mark.
But if I want to view the camera its not working.

Very sad that there is a unique default for all cameras (ONVIF) which is supported by QNAP and then its not working for specific camera(s).

Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Best,
Paedy
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Best to create a ticket..otherwise hoping for a fix is silly (QNAP does not come here..how would they kmow?)
Stefan_
New here

Post by Stefan_ »

Hello Paedy,

with version 2.3.0.0313 QNAP introduced support for IN-9408. Even though I am not able to configure my camera.

Did you manage to configure the camera?

QVR Pro 2.3.0.0313
( 2022/11/19 )

(...)
[New Features]
- Updated the compatibility list with camera models listed below:
- Instar IN-9408
(...)

Regards,
Stefan

Paedy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:35 am Hello,

I have the same issue now.
Installed the INSTAR IN-9408 2k+ now and was happy that everything works - until I opened the QNAP Surveillance Station.

Then I saw that its possible to search for cameras so I selected ONVIF and it shows me all my old cameras but not the new one.
And all of them supporting ONVIF.

Then I tried to configure by myself with ONVIF. It says sometimes the IP Address cant be reached - but the PING TEST is successful.
I tought then it could work because the ONVIF "Test" Button says then a picture of a placeholder (camera) with a green check mark.
But if I want to view the camera its not working.

Very sad that there is a unique default for all cameras (ONVIF) which is supported by QNAP and then its not working for specific camera(s).

Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Best,
Paedy
Mekky82
First post

Post by Mekky82 »

Hello,

Instar has provided a new firmware update (version 1.2.0). After the update, the ONVIF and RTSP can be enabled under the network settings of IN-9408.

In the camera setup under QVR Pro (2.3.0.0313), select the INSTAR IN-9408 model and enter 8080 as port and 554 for RTSP.

Then it should work :geek:

Regards
Stefan_
New here

Post by Stefan_ »

Hello,

thank you very much, I'll give it a try.

Still I won't find my camera scanning my network.
And setting up manually the connection test fails.

Did anyone succeed?

Regards
Stefan

Return to “Surveillance Solution”