[SOLVED] Frequent Pixelated (blocky, blotchy, green or pink squares or dropped frame) Images in QVR but not Reolink

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Narks
New here

Re: [SOLVED] Frequent Pixelated (blocky, blotchy, green or pink squares or dropped frame) Images in QVR but not Reolink

Post by Narks »

Whilst I did not have the pixelation issues, I had an unstable connection between my Reolink RLC-820a and my QNAP NAS, when configured as advised in the post above:

Brand=ONVIF >> ONVIF ProfileS Cameras >> IP >> 8000 (this will most likely need to be changed) >> 554 >> 443 >> user >> Password

(My NAS did not automatically detect my camera as a Reolink, and when I tried the above parameters with the model changed from "ONVIF ProfileS Cameras" to "Reolink RLC820a", I could not establish a connection.

Changing stream to UDP fixed the unstable connection with the ONVIF profile, but I lost audio.

I fixed the unstable connection, and got all features back simply by using the Reolink RLC-820a profile, but changing the Port Number from Port 8000 to Port 80.

Hope this helps!
Smouser
New here

Re: [SOLVED] Frequent Pixelated (blocky, blotchy, green or pink squares or dropped frame) Images in QVR but not Reolink

Post by Smouser »

bobajob69 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 pm Lol, pocket post whilst walking the dog.....

As I'm here I'll post properly 😉

In the end I sent back to Amazon my 520a. Gave up trying and wasn't prepared to pay for something, although not very much, a half baked product.

I stumped up £140 (an extra £90) for the colourvu gen2 and it's such a step up.
Easily 3x the quality, the only issue is that QVR pro only has the Gen1 version on the camera list and using these settings it doesn't work with the Gen2.
I can get it working but only with the hikvision generic settings.
I haven't even managed to get it working with Onvif (apparently hikvision was removed from the onvif list?)
Using genetic settings doesn't give full access but at least it records with a good picture to the Nas.
Did you contact QNAP support to ask them to integrate the specific camera models?

I have had success with 2 different camera integrations, Hikvision DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 (which took 2 weeks to integrate) and recently Dahua DH-IPC-HDW2531TMP-AS-S2 (which took 8 weeks).
Both cameras can now be used with audio and smart events.

All I had to do was to open some ports on my router (port forwarding) and provided QNAP with the login details for the cameras and they integrated them for me.

I requested another camera integration yesterday (Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU) by making it available to QNAP support remotely. I am hoping it will take less than the previous 8 weeks for the Dahua.
mchilds83
New here

Post by mchilds83 »

I made this post in another thread of the same topic, but I'd also like to share again here as I believe it's a relevant and useful solution to anyone searching this problem:

"Hi, I just wanted to update this thread with a new solution. I received a Reolink Beta firmware update last night from QNAP support. It includes many firmware updates, including for my camera models RLC-520A and RLC-820A. Once installed, my RLC-820A reports Firmware Version v3.0.0.570_21092918. The RLC-520A reports Firmware Version v3.0.0.570_21092917. With these firmware versions, it appears I can now run these cameras in QVR Pro as ONVIF ProfileS with in Auto (TCP) mode with no more graphical artifacts and with audio recording working. Up until this firmware, I was using the UDP solution. So far, the RLC-820A has performed perfectly. The RLC-520A had some occasional frozen frames which lasted for 15-20 seconds. This freezing issue was occurring with the previous firmware in TCP mode too. I do have both streams enabled and recording at max fps and bitrate though. I'll try dialing it back a bit and will be monitoring the systems over the next week. Also, a tip for those usuing UDP mode with no audio, if you export your video from the QVR Pro Client app for Android, you will receive your audio along with your video. It's just missing from the livestream and from the PC exports for some reason."

I'm not sure if I should be linking to the beta firmwares as there's no way for someone to trust me, but I'd be happy to provide if you message me. Otherwise check with QNAP support. I received the link from them. They said Reolink provided them with this firmware to fix this specific problem, so perhaps Reolink support will also provide it, or wait long enough and it will make it into production on their website for downloadable firmware. Cheers.
PS: It's a zip file with many camera firmwares. If using Windows, download the zip, Right click the file, properties, choose to Unblock the file. Then extract it, and carefully select the correct file matching your camera model when updating the firmware.
Tazok
First post

Post by Tazok »

Hi, i have same problem, is possible upload new firmware for RLC-822A? Thank you
connectionError
First post

Post by connectionError »

Thanks to this forum, I was finally able steam/record smoothly on the Reolink Trackmix. It was so frustrating only being able to view/record at 480p while 2160p kept dropping out and was completely unstable (but running perfectly fine on Reolink app at any setting).

I ended up with this setup on my QNAP TVS-672XT:

ONVIF / ONVIF Profile T / UDP / Port 80
Frame rate 12 / Quality 3

Audio is disabled because I'm recording from the inside of my home outwards.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

topic closed to prevent further necropostings

Return to “Surveillance Solution”