NO Custom Camera Layout on NAS Local Display!!

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
OnlineUser
Starting out

NO Custom Camera Layout on NAS Local Display!!

Post by OnlineUser »

After spending many hours convincing a client to buy QNAP as a surveillance station for 23 cameras. (TVS-471)
The demo was using a PC based surveillance station viewer. What sold the system was the fact you could CUSTOMIZE the camera LAYOUT.
So then we go and install the QNAP with hybrid station local display surveillance station and struggle to find the customized camera layout option.
After some hunting online we find : https://www.qnap.com/en/tutorial/con_sh ... ne&cid=189
Which says "Note: The feature is not supported on local display and QVR Client for Mac"
What? Seriously? We are extremely disappointed and so is the client who was just about to push the button on the 23 camera license.
Now they want to know if this feature will be made available soon or we will have to scrap QNAP and refund everything.
Please can we have a serious answer on this. A lot of money is on the cards here.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: NO Custom Camera Layout on NAS Local Display!!

Post by Trexx »

Since this is a community forum, your best path would be to open a helpdesk/feature request ticket with QNAP at http://helpdesk.qnap.com
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

OnlineUser wrote:After spending many hours convincing a client to buy QNAP as a surveillance station for 23 cameras. (TVS-471)
The demo was using a PC based surveillance station viewer. What sold the system was the fact you could CUSTOMIZE the camera LAYOUT.
So then we go and install the QNAP with hybrid station local display surveillance station and struggle to find the customized camera layout option.
After some hunting online we find : https://www.qnap.com/en/tutorial/con_sh ... ne&cid=189
Which says "Note: The feature is not supported on local display and QVR Client for Mac"
What? Seriously? We are extremely disappointed and so is the client who was just about to push the button on the 23 camera license.
Now they want to know if this feature will be made available soon or we will have to scrap QNAP and refund everything.
Please can we have a serious answer on this. A lot of money is on the cards here.
Wow! A salesperson who sold a client something without understanding how it works, and when their ignorance and laziness was exposed, blamed the manufacturer!

Now, there's a situation I've never encountered before. :roll:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

The demo was using a PC based surveillance station viewer.
What is to stop you using this method for the monitoring?
That seems to me like the best approach.
It actually provides more flexibility - eg multiple stations, multiple layouts, location independence, remote viewing etc
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
OnlineUser
Starting out

Post by OnlineUser »

Trexx: Thanks - thought maybe Qnap actually looked at the forum.
OneCD: Always someone who has to be a troll. Sick of people like you. Does that stupid comment help anyone - no.
Alastair: It just means extra equipment.
vinistois
Starting out

Post by vinistois »

Did you get anywhere with this issue?

I have a similar application where I need a local display and there will be NO PC available there.

Is there no way to have a customized view layout?

If I buy an 8-camera NVR (Viostor 2208PRO+), will there at least be 8 channels displayed? Or 9?

Any other shortcomings you have discovered with local display only?
MoeyB
First post

Post by MoeyB »

bump.

I know this is an old post but I am experiencing the same issue with custom view not available on local display.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

you can always use linux station or windows vm locally on the nas
e2204588
Starting out

Post by e2204588 »

Try QVR Pro Client

Return to “Surveillance Solution”