Surveillance Station and Netatmo Presence??

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
AlbertoM
New here

Surveillance Station and Netatmo Presence??

Post by AlbertoM »

Hi all,

I don't see Netatmo brand listed as compatible cameras to QNAP surveillance station but, Netatmo Presence and Welcome are fairly new products, could these two cameras be compatible with the station? what would be required from QNAP in order to integrate them into the sytem. I'm looking to buy my NAS/NVR and cameras for home and trying to decide, Presence is a product that looks very promising and also I know QNAP is one of the best NAS in the market (I'm interested in model TS-451A).

I will appreciate any feedback.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Surveillance Station and Netatmo Presence??

Post by AlastairStevenson »

It looks like one of the App-only products that does not support actual and de-facto standards, locking the user in to an expensive proprietary environment.
The 'Specifications' are sparse to say the least, so it doesn't seem possible to estimate whether it could be added to Surveillance Station via the various 'generic' methods provided. About the only technical info is that it supports 1080P resolution. That's low by current standards for IP surveillance devices.
Do you know anyone who has purchased these?
If so, despite ONVIF compatibility not being mentioned, you might just get some info if they could use the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net to query the device.
If it supports ONVIF - and most surveillance devices do these days - there may be a chance to add under the ONVIF or Generic RTSP model selection.

In the meantime, maybe ask QNAP what plans if any they have for add this product : https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
AlbertoM
New here

Post by AlbertoM »

Thanks for your response Alastair, I will inquire QNAP, and no I don't know anyone that has bought any of these, they are fairly new products.
dinmc
New here

Post by dinmc »

Did you ever find a way to use your Netatmo camera with the Qnap surveillance station?

Return to “Surveillance Solution”