issue connecting Blitzwolf BW-SIC1 Security Camera (ONVIF)

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
wattstar
New here

Re: issue connecting Blitzwolf BW-SIC1 Security Camera (ONVIF)

Post by wattstar »

OK, I have found is the camera is very temperamental, especially when it comes to the firmware and applying settings. You MUST use a fixed IP address or else it constantly changes. Passwords also change depending on firmware. Resetting the device (remove cover and hold down button until it clicks) does not necessary reset all settings and software factory restore doesn't seem to work.

Please follow these steps, before you begin you must have
  • Blitzcam App installed on phone
    Blitzcam App installed on PC
    Range of available IPs for camera
Open the Blitzcam app on your phone, press the + top right, select 'scan the code', scan barcode.
Go to the wifi settings of your phone and select open network of device, go back to app and wait for wifi to connect, once connected pull screen down and when device is ready it should show as online.
Go into settings, wifi setting. Enable wifi, choose a network and enter network password.

Open app on computer and right click on camera, sleect 'Device Settings', 'Network Settings', Set the IP address.
Changed radio button to 'Fixed IP' and enter new network address and Apply.
Once IP address has been updated.
Go back into 'Device Settings', 'Device Management', 'Firmware Upgrade' and select Apply. It can be difficult to tell if new firmware has applied, you should hear a click but if you don't close the menu and go back into device settings. It will show the firmware on the top left corner. Once new firmware has been applied I believe a reboot helps it here.

On you ONVIF device select the following
Device type: IPC
Protocol: ONVIF
IP Channel: whichever you choose
Device address: The fixed IP address you previously set
Port: 8000
User Name: admin (but anything seems to work)
Password: This is on the sticker next to the barcode.

Wait a bit. It should now work!

Web interface details are
User name: admin
Password: adminadmin

I hope this helps others!

There is a setting to change camera to 960p to 720 but I do not think it has any affect.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

On you ONVIF device select the following
Device type: IPC
Protocol: ONVIF
IP Channel: whichever you choose
Device address: The fixed IP address you previously set
Port: 8000
User Name: admin (but anything seems to work)
Password: This is on the sticker next to the barcode.
Is this when setting the camera as an ONVIF model in Surveillance Station - ie the original problem posted?
Where did you find the port=8000?

It would be interesting if you could check if the camera responds normally to the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
This is usually the must-have app for getting details of an ONVIF compatible camera.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
wattstar
New here

Post by wattstar »

Sorry this is on the NVR, in my case a Digoo, but settings should be similar for QNAP. 8000 is what the NVR detected it at but I think it was also mentioned in OP.

Never heard of it but will try it out, this is the first ONVIF device I have used.
Bebopper
Starting out

Post by Bebopper »

wattstar wrote:OK, I have found is the camera is very temperamental...
Thanks a lot for your extensive reaction and description! Hopefully it can help some people.

For me unfortunately it does not solve my issue. I already tried all steps you describe (and some more) and most of them work. Except at the end I cannot connect my camera as ONVIF device to Surveillance Station. At the same time I can also not connect my camera to the ONVIF Device Manager.

It would be great if you can try this last thing, see if your camera connects to the ONVIF Device Manager (ODM). And if so, if you can also share on which firmware that camera is running.

The ONVIF Device Manager can be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/

If you can connect to the ODM then at least I know that there is still something different about the settings on our camera's (or the firmware version is different).
QNAP TS-451
Bebopper
Starting out

Post by Bebopper »

Bebopper wrote:
wattstar wrote:OK, I have found is the camera is very temperamental...
Thanks a lot for your extensive reaction and description! Hopefully it can help some people.

For me unfortunately it does not solve my issue. I already tried all steps you describe (and some more) and most of them work. Except at the end I cannot connect my camera as ONVIF device to Surveillance Station. At the same time I can also not connect my camera to the ONVIF Device Manager.

It would be great if you can try this last thing, see if your camera connects to the ONVIF Device Manager (ODM). And if so, if you can also share on which firmware that camera is running.

The ONVIF Device Manager can be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/

If you can connect to the ODM then at least I know that there is still something different about the settings on our camera's (or the firmware version is different).
Did you get a cbance to check if the camera works with the ONVIF Device Manager - this would really be a big help to me.

So far unfortunately still no feedback from Blitzwolf support, quite disappointing actually...
QNAP TS-451
Bebopper
Starting out

Post by Bebopper »

Finally got some feedback from Blitzwolf support:
Our technical team is currently working on a firmware update to be released soon, that will fix all the onvif issues.
So all issues will be solved soon :wink:
QNAP TS-451
Bebopper
Starting out

Post by Bebopper »

Did a firmware update of the camera end of last week and it appears the guys & gals at Blitzwolf changed some things in the ONVIF implementation. The camera is now fully recognized by ODM and also in Surveillance Station on the QNAP connected as ONVIF device.

So far:
- the days that it has been running now it seems to disconnect on average 2 times per day (at random times), so not exactly rock solid stable, but still okay as it quickly re-connects
- motion detection seems to not be working, no idea whether that has to do with the camera, the ONVIF implementation or Surveillance Station; if activated in Surveillance Station it more or less continuously detects motion (when pointed at a very uneventful corner where absolutely nothing happens)

But things seems to be improving so I will keep on trying :)
QNAP TS-451
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Well, that's a useful step forward!
- motion detection seems to not be working, no idea whether that has to do with the camera, the ONVIF implementation or Surveillance Station;
You can check out what ONVIF events the camera is generating via the Events page in ODM.
Look carefully at the topic rule and the state: true or false, to see what the camera is notifying SS about.
Also you can see what rules the camera supports in the Rules page.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”