Using QUSBcam without Surveillance Station

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Eusii
Starting out

Using QUSBcam without Surveillance Station

Post by Eusii »

Hey there,
Is it even possible to "access" the video content of the QUSBcam without the usage of Surveillance Station?

Let's say I want to display the content via my VLC.

I already tried to access http://myNAS:8168/video0.cgi
But I couldnt get the data. Is this (port) reachable for localhost only?

Also I tried to get data via http://myNAS:8080/getStream.cgi but it seems this needs also a token like &tk=XX... - where do I get it?

I appreciate any help.
Best regards
Eusi.
nils_heidorn
Starting out

Re: Using QUSBcam without Surveillance Station

Post by nils_heidorn »

Hi !

Basically "BUMP", i have a problem as my USB cam is running fine in QUSBCam but Surveillance Station can not connect (TS469, 4.3.3).
So i would LOVE to know if i can stream directly from QUSBCam2 ...
Also QUSBCam complains about wanting a h264 codec installed but i cannot find that package.
Webcam is a simple Logitecj UVC MJPEG ca, C170.

Greetings,

Nils
QNAP TS-932X with 8GB Ram, Storage: 4 x 4TB HDD and 2 x 240GByte for QTier
DiliMe
Getting the hang of things

Post by DiliMe »

Hi,
Related to
"Is it even possible to "access" the video content of the QUSBcam without the usage of Surveillance Station?"
My setup is: QNAP TS-253A firmware 4.3.3.078, QUSBCam2 v1.0.5, Survailance Station v5.1.1.4.4, QVR Pro Beta v0.9.1.
I'll explain how it worked for me to see the video content in a web browser. On the same side I have problem to make it work in Surveillance Station or not even in QVR Pro Beta.

First be sure that in QUSBCam2 in USB Device it shows Connected on Status column. Then, on LiveView click the ShareChannel and then choose the WAN or LAN IP address and you should find the link. For my setup the link looks something like this:
https://192.168.0.5/apps/QUSBCam2/share ... d=28961281
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*(Main) TS-253A/8GB - \\SMB server for family documents; SurveilanceStation for 4 x cctv cams; Kodi for playing Movies on TV-HDMI; QuMagie for watching photos archive on smartphones; QMusic for listening music on smartphones; QFile for auto backup of smartphones photos; AutoBackup of family OneDrive/GDrive; Containers (iperf, nginx-proxy, uptime-kuma, influxdb)

*(Backup) TS-112/0,5GB - SurveilanceStation for 2 x cctv cams; RTRR of CCTV live recording from TS-253A; RTRR of all shared folders from TS-253A
quart
New here

Post by quart »

Is it possible to get a snapshot from QUSB and not use Survailance Station?

Return to “Surveillance Solution”