Motion detection direct in SS

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
vikino
Know my way around

Motion detection direct in SS

Post by vikino »

Hi all,
does anybody has an idea how to get software motion detection on Qnap like Synology does? Any third party app, or something...We got big qnap to company and we ran into problem...

We have about 15 pcs of older Axis cameras, 214PTZ and 223M, they work really fine, but they have no usable motion detection, when they were connected to Syno, everything was fine, as synology offers nice motion detection direct in SS, but qnap rely only on motion tamper from camera, thats stupid...
Thank you, Vitek
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Motion detection direct in SS

Post by AlastairStevenson »

To the best of my knowledge, QNAP Surveillance Station will only carry out recording actions based on motion events triggered from a camera.
To be sure - you could submit a QNAP HelpDesk ticket : https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Is your big NAS only to be used for Surveillance Station, or is it general purpose?
If general purpose, you could look at a PC NVR solution such as Blue Iris, which does motion detection.
Lots of info here : https://ipcamtalk.com/#blue-iris.25
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
vikino
Know my way around

Re: Motion detection direct in SS

Post by vikino »

Hi,no,its a general purpose nas, my second 453A is for backup only...

Ive been looking at NVR software, Milestone works fine too,but also without motion detection, and on the other side, it needs to run virtual or phys.machine, amd thats what i dont want to, TVS-671 with 6x disk takes about 55Watts, so its enough, because 24/7 online...
I know that Synology can do this work brilliant, as i had it before Qnap...

Return to “Surveillance Solution”