Buffer Overflow Warning Messages

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
wmconey@gmail.com
Starting out

Buffer Overflow Warning Messages

Post by wmconey@gmail.com »

I'm getting "Recording Buffer Overflow Error" on my TS431. Can someone point me to a resource for dealing with this?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Buffer Overflow Warning Messages

Post by dolbyman »

anything that hogs the cpu ?

surveilance station seems to unable to keep up with recordings
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I'm getting "Recording Buffer Overflow Error" on my TS431. Can someone point me to a resource for dealing with this?
What's the aggregate bitrate on the cameras and what have you set the pre-record duration to?
It sounds like the pre-record buffer isn't big enough to cope with how you have pre-recording set.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
wmconey@gmail.com
Starting out

AlastairStevenson wrote:
What's the aggregate bitrate on the cameras and what have you set the pre-record duration to?
It sounds like the pre-record buffer isn't big enough to cope with how you have pre-recording set.
At the moment it's set to 2 seconds. I'll reduce it to 1 and see if anything changes. I've already tried lowering the camera bit rates.

Thanks!
wmconey@gmail.com
Starting out

dolbyman wrote:anything that hogs the cpu ?

surveilance station seems to unable to keep up with recordings
Could be - seems like I can cause it by copying a large chunk of files to the NAS while camera recording is activated.

Thanks!
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

At the moment it's set to 2 seconds.
2 seconds is quite short - I was wondering if maybe it had been set to a much longer time.
In that case, unless you have a lot of cameras (say 10 or more) running at a high bitrate (say > 8Mbps each) it's probably not the pre-record buffer it's complaining about.

If you check the resource monitor, does it show any significant swap memory usage?
Surveillance Station is quite memory-hungry, needs a minimum of about 600MB even for a couple of cameras.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”