Asante Voyager 1 settings?

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
flensr
New here

Asante Voyager 1 settings?

Post by flensr »

Hello,

Does anyone know what camera settings might work with an asante voyager 1 camera? I have 3 of these but they're pretty much abandoned so I'm having trouble finding settings that work. Surveillance station doesn't recognize the camera's brand and model (its not on the list) even though it detects it just fine on the network. The cameras are pretty configurable and I know they work and can stream video to my computer's web browser, but surveillance station keeps giving me an invalid IP address error when I try to test the cameras using other camera settings that offer compatible video formats.

So.. any help getting these to work? Thanks!
flensr
New here

Re: Asante Voyager 1 settings?

Post by flensr »

I have tried generic model / generic RTSP and it doesn't seem to work. If I type in the RTSP address and port in a web browser window, I get the picture just like expected. No idea why surveillance station can't log in.

I get an error: Failed to create the RTSP connection to the network camera. Please check if the RTSP port is correct and the RTSP streaming access name is 'live.sdp' on the network camera.

There isn't any way to view or change an "RTSP streaming access name" anywhere, either with the camera or surveillance station. What is that and why is it an issue? Again, I can view the RTSP feed just by typing in the webcam ip address and port 554.
flensr
New here

Re: Asante Voyager 1 settings?

Post by flensr »

Final update -- SOLUTION

Clues and info for the camera's streaming URL is from here: https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Asante#

The following url works for configuring asante voyager 1 rtsp as a "generic model" "Generic RTSP" camera:

/cam1/mpeg4

I tested it with VLC player with the following network stream:

rtsp://user:password@ipaddress/cam1/mpeg4

Return to “Surveillance Solution”