Surveillance log

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
armalone
Starting out

Surveillance log

Post by armalone »

I finally got a replacement for a defective / new Amcrest IP3M-943W but that's another story... 15 days after they received my defective camera! The replacement camera is working now. Amcrest priority is clearly not customer service focused! QNAP Surveillance software complains because it only recognizes the 943B (black not the white 943W) and Amcrest instructions for ONVIF configuration do not work. Looking at the Surveillance Log there is no obvious way to delete log file entries. It fills up rapidly with error and Motion Alert info when setting up / testing,

Does anyone know how to delete entries / clear the log so that I can get rid of 100's of useless entries?

Al

System is 8GB TS251 running 4.3.3 0154 build 20170413
armalone
Starting out

Re: Surveillance log

Post by armalone »

Am I the only user with this problem?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Does anyone know how to delete entries / clear the log so that I can get rid of 100's of useless entries?
Why is it a problem?
The space consumed is trivial compared with the associated video recordings, MB vs GB.
And the many NAS logs are so much bigger - though they are less visible.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
toewe
New here

Post by toewe »

Have the same desire to remove 1000 pages of useless logs, but see no way to accomplish. The fact that the logs do not consume much space, or as much space as a competitor's product, or as much space as the video recordings, is NOT relevant. Please advise how to accomplish.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”