Raspberry Pi 3 Camera only streaming RSTP to Surveillance Station when VLC is streaming as well.

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Mesjoggah
First post

Raspberry Pi 3 Camera only streaming RSTP to Surveillance Station when VLC is streaming as well.

Post by Mesjoggah »

Hi,

Configuration:
Raspberry Pi 3 with camera
QNAP TS-453 Pro
Surveillance Station versie 5.1.1.4.3 (2017-06-01)

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 up and running with the help of this image: http://ronnyvdbr.github.io/RaspberryIPCamera/
The guy who developed the image has a blog where he describes how to connect the Raspberry to Survellance Station:
https://random-notes-of-a-sysadmin.blog ... ra-on.html

The webinterface of the Raspberry says:
Op de webinterface van de Raspberry staat: " The IP Camera is currently running in RTSP server mode and can be accessed by an external RTSP player (VLC, mplayer, Surveillance station, etc ...) via below mrl.
rtsp://ipadres:8554"

When I use this address in VLC the stream works.

I configured the camera as Generic Camera RSTP camera in Surveillance Station, using these settings:

Camerabrand: Generic Model
CameraModel: Generic RSTP
Cameraname: Camera 1
HTTP URL: /
IP address: 192.168.10.10
Port: 80
RSTP Port: 8554
Username: <empty>
Password: <empty>

After that I opened the QNAP tool "QVR-Monitor". I gives me a "Disconnected" error.

Strangely, when I have QVR Monitor still opened, not displying any video because: disconnected and I open the stream at the same time in VLC player, QVR Monitor starts to show the stream as well.
When I quit VLC player, the stream in QVR Monitor keeps going, but is not very stable. Every now and then connection is lost.
Whe I have the stream opened in VLC ánd in QVR Monitor, the stream is nice and stable.

What could be the cause of this behaviour and does anyone know a way to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance (a lot !!) :-)
piers
New here

Re: Raspberry Pi 3 Camera only streaming RSTP to Surveillance Station when VLC is streaming as well.

Post by piers »

Did you ever solve this? i am quite keen to try this also.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”