Camera recommendation

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
olestef
Starting out

Camera recommendation

Post by olestef »

Hi,

I bought a couple of Amcrest amcrest ip3m-943 to start with.But found out that this camera did not support PoE, which I thought it did..

My fault. B.t.w., Amcrest supportis as good as non-existent..

Anyway...

I have been browsing around for a good quality outdoor IP-cam fueled through PoE.It will be wall-mounted -and white. And of course compatible with QNAP and Surveillance station..

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Camera recommendation

Post by AlastairStevenson »

If you are looking for good quality products check out user experiences with Hikvision and Dahua here : https://ipcamtalk.com/forums/ip-cameras.4/
If you want to take a punt with low-cost and usually pretty good low-brand cameras take a look around here : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1017666
And the thousands of other on-line sources to IP cameras.

A key choice though will be the form factor - bullets vs domes vs turrets, and then the focal length fixed or varifocal, then the IR coverage etc
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
olestef
Starting out

Post by olestef »

Hi,

My challenge is that I do not have time or leftover energy to become an expert on IP-cams. Life is too short.

I simply want to buy a good quality outdoor IP-cam that works with QNAP and Surveillance station. That's why I'm asking you guys if you have any specific recommendation. I.e. point me straight towards a camera that you recommend for outdoor use. I thought that was what forums was about in the first place - to help each other out.

As you said yourself - there are literately thousands of sites on the net discussing IP-cameras. I have found quite a few of those. Spent countless hours trying to figure out where to go next. And by now I'm more confused then I was when I started. I have found and read about several camera's that looked interesting, but then it turned out that they weren't compatible with QNAP Surveillance Station, or that they weren't actually PoE-capable, or they got bad reviews for some reason. It's getting exhausting - especially when the IP-cam providers themselves aren't able to answer simple questions. That's why I asked you guys for help in the first place.

Pointing me towards other forums and sites is basically telling me to "figure it out yourself", and it doesn't really help me move forward.

But thanks for the links.

Anyway;

If anyone can give me specific recommendations I'd be most grateful.

The camera i'm looking for;
- must support being mounted on an outdoor wall.
- must support PoE (the cables are already installed)
- must support motion detection in combination with Surveillance station
- must be durable and handle rain and changing temperatures

- preferably as plug-and-play as possible
- preferably a white camera to blend in to the environment..

- Does not have to be motorized
- Does not have to have optical zoom
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Pointing me towards other forums and sites is basically telling me to "figure it out yourself", and it doesn't really help me move forward.
I disagree.
The purpose was to gain from others experiences, and therefore require less 'figure it out for yourself'.

Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
olestef
Starting out

Post by olestef »

Seems like I'm never getting to old to learn something new. Now you've teached me that pointing someone asking for concrete recommendation towards other groups of people most likely also asking questions is actually giving concrete recommendations. I'll remember that the next time someone ask for my help (go talk to the neighbor or something like that). :-D

Oh well. Thanks anyway. :-)
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Sure, there are people asking questions there.
But there are lots of people providing answers and information in response.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”